Saturday, December 14, 2019

A Crooked Creek Christmas. . .Kitchen

Our 1970's Galley Style Kitchen
has never been my 'ideal' Kitchen lay~out.

But in the nearly 17 years that "Mr. Ed" and I have resided
On Crooked Creek, we've tried to embrace it's character.

A 2019 Crooked Creek Christmas Kitchen
is a blending of Timeless Classic and a touch of whimsy!



I absolutely adore this faux evergreen swag 
in a Timeless Classic design with black and white check bow and silver bells!


I had the winning bid during our Church Silent Auction a few years ago,
and this parfait glass woolen felted Snowman has resided in our
Christmas Kitchen decor ever since!

I think he looks quite adorable at our Coffee / Tea Station!


This petite Kitchen Angel makes her annual appearance
at our kitchen sink every year.

Although she is made of plastic,
she was my Christmas gift from our son during his early Elementary years.

Priceless!


Fast forward,
same son Christmas gift to "Mr.Ed" upon our arrival On Crooked Creek.

Usually,
these NOEL Black Bears find themselves in On Crooked Creek's Family Room.

However,
this year, they flank the top of our cook top range.



This miniature faux evergreen Christmas Tree
with its rustic star is in keeping our neutral and natural theme.


Just around the corner of our Galley Style Kitchen
is a built ~ in china cabinet that adjoins On Crooked Creek's 

Dining Room and Living Room.

The perfect place for our Snowman Hot Cocoa Bar!


My round chalkboard charger reads,
Hot Cocoa Bar ~
Self Serve!
24 hours


During an 'After Christmas $ale',
I found these three ornaments and had to purcha$e them!

My vintage white urns holding these faux evergreen trees is the perfect placement
for another touch of whimsy within On Crooked Creek's Kitchen.


The peppermint candy canes make the most delicious hot cocoa stirrers!

The vintage tin Snowman holds miniature Lego pieces
that make a miniature Santa Claus.

I spread a bit of mercury glass within this design
in the candy cane holder and the rope handled lantern.


I've purchased Snowmen marshmallows at our local Target
to float atop our cups of steaming Hot Cocoa for Christmas Eve.




While shopping at our local Paramount Antique Mall,
I came across this FA LA LA LA LA. . .la la la la sign
and there was no doubt in my mind
that this had to accompany my FA LA LA ornaments!

The green bottle brush tree within the vintage door knob was in the same booth!



I tucked a few handmade blue scrapbook paper stars and banners
within the vintage white swirl ironstone creamers for some Christmas spirit.





So~o~o. . .
whether it's a Timeless Classic look
or a touch of whimsy. . .
this is our way of celebrating A Crooked Creek Christmas within our Kitchen.



Until next time. . .

1 comment:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love those little snowman mugs! They are just so cute!