Saturday, July 16, 2016

Where Bloggers Create. . .Studio One!

As you descend the stairs from the upper level living areas
On Crooked Creektt, with a quick turn to the left,
you'll find my creative space affectionately named Studio One.



Upon arriving to this side of the Prairie,
I asked "Mr. Ed" to make part of the Mechanical Room, 
of our 1970's Ranch Style Home into an Art Studio of sorts 
where I could work on scrapbooking.

Needless to say, 
Studio One has undergone numerous changes in the past 14 +years!



One thing that has remained consistent, is the above work station.  

I keep inspiring vignettes close to my work station for inspiration.
The magnet board is actually an enamel drain board from a vintage refrigerator.
My scrapbook paper holder is a decorative cookbook stand.











The first change in Studio One went from creating scrapbooks,
to making handmade cards with a Vintage Flair, 
to designing and painting crafts made from re~claimed Bits 'n Pieces
and finally for its original purpose. . .my creative space.










Although, I d o n ' t sew. . .
I do own a sewing machine and occasionally get it out for creative purposes.

Ladies, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! 







I, truly, am fortunate that my amazing "Mr. Ed" 
enjoys working with wood and can make a n y t h i n g!

He has built several storage units for me, such as the one featured above
from old privacy fencing and garden lattice. 
Then, he added rollers to the bottom for ease of movement.



When "Mr. Ed" added the top to the two cabinets to make my work station,
he also, brought me this box from the garage for storage.

After adding a shelf, 
it is a perfect space for creations awaiting my designing touch
along with inspirational vignettes.











A simple modification of cutting down the legs on this heirloom bookcase
gave me the needed under storage for my resource publications.









All my inks, some rubber stamps, scrapbook papers 
and needed supplies lie within the vintage three drawer dresser.



Another shelving piece for holding things that hang
was made by "Mr. Ed" by adding a top of pegboard to a neighbor hood cast~off.

Did you notice the bottom shelf holds my sewing machine?












One of the most frequent asked questions ( FAQ's)
I receive from family, friends and followers is, "Where do you store all your decor?"



If you look closely at the photo, you'll see white curtains in the back ground.

Behind those curtains, on metal shelving, are plastic storage containers
that hold all of the Seasonal decor.





Each storage container is filled with themed Seasonal decor
and then card cataloged with each item within the container.








While the organization is important for my creative process,
it is the light and bright color scheme of Studio One 
combined with numerous vignettes that make my creative space productive.















Before we climb the stairs and end our tour of Studio One,
I want to personally thank Karen at Desert Cottage 
for hosting Where Bloggers Create 2016 along with each and every one of you.



It is my hope that you will continue to join me on the journey of life's happenings. . .
On Crooked Creektt.





Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining



Along with my regular Link Parties:


On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



As you visit the above host and hostesses,
may you come away filled with inspiring ideas
for use within your own home décor.

Please leave a short comment
to let each of them know how much you enjoyed their link party.

28 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Pat, how wonderful to have such an expansive, designated crafting space. It is filled with all of the treasures that you love and gather inspiration from. This is perfect. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Pondside said...

Wow! What an attractive and organised space! I will be enlarging some of your photos for tips!

Marlynne said...

Lovely Area to Create! Good for Mr Ed too! Those white curtains are a blank canvas just waiting for your creative touch, dollies, lace and etc!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat!! OH, my goodness! I love your creative space. Now don't you tell me your space is this organized all of the time. If you do, I'm be hurt! :) I know you're very organized and everything looks wonderful. Love your vignettes and how special that your Mr. Ed can build you all of the storage pieces! Love everything about it and look how clever you are hiding things behind the white curtain. Your rock, girlfriend!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Seawashed said...

A lovely studio space. I like tour mostly gray palette which gives it a calm atmosphere. Beautiful.

Bohemian said...

The Palette and Decor of your Creative Sanctuary is so Tranquil I just Love it! I'm totally Obsessed with the Texture/Patina of that Wall behind your Desk, how did you manage that Beautiful Look? And your attention to Details and Organization Skills have duly Inspired. Thank you for Sharing your Personal Space... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Stephanie said...

My dear Pat, I simply love your creative space! Everything looks delightful, pretty, and well organized {{smiles}}

Thanks for giving us a tour and may you have a delightful Sunday. Hugs!

Something Special said...

Oh how I love your space. You have taken a narrow space and transformed it into something divine. I great scrapbooking nook. I really love the cement walls and what you have done with them. I think we are kindred spirits as I scrapbooked for 20 years. Still doing it occasionally along with other paper crafts, but now for the most part I teach sewing and quilt. Again, I just love your studio one!

Cindy said...

You are indeed lucky to have a guy able to build anything!!!! I love my man, but is definitely not the handy sort... He's tech support though! Love the brightness of the space! Hugs!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Such a lovely and roomy space to create projects and crafts. Looks totally organized. What a treat to be able to enjoy this space. Thanks for sharing your creativity and design at DI&DI.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Pat,
What a lovely crafting area you have here. So neat and clean and organized.
I bet you have a lot of fun and joy working in this room.
You have done a great job on your girl cave.
Enjoy..........

Blessings,
Nellie

An Oasis in the Desert said...

You certainly do have a delightful creative space, Pat! This blog hop is so much fun....giving each of us a look into how different we are in how and why we have set up our spaces to best suit our personal creative needs. Thanks for taking us on a tour of your studio.

Carol

Marigene said...

Pat, you have a great place to create...and so lucky Mr. Ed is good at woodcrafting.
Curious, where did you live before moving to "that" side of the prairie? right now I don't think it matters which side of the prairie, it is hot and super humid!
Have a wonderful week.

Joy Junktion said...

An organized creator you are, Pat! Love the grey, soft, and calming feel of your space! So nice to have a happy and helpful Mr. Ed! Happy Creating, Cindy

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

Beautiful! I love the magnet board and the vintage lace.

Anonymous said...

Hi again, Pat, and I'm still enjoying your wonderful creative space! Thank you so much for coming along with me on my travels.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rhonda said...

I absolutely love the shelves, storage and desk by Mr. H. How wonderful!!
I would love the metal shelves behind the curtain, great idea!!

Lynda Shoup said...

The space, the organization and the thoughtful way you put this room together make it inspirational. I feel I can spread my wings - just by looking at your photos! Fabulous.

Gail Griner Golden at Gail-Friends said...

What a beautiful space you have. I love the soothing blue color, and all the pretty vignettes. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Blessings,

Maureen H. said...

Mr Ed is certainly handy and you're a lucky lady! Your vignettes are lovely and the whole room is a work of art in itself. Thanks for the tour and the inspiration.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Beautiful space Pat! I have to scroll back up and take a second look.

Laura said...

Pat- your creative space is a beautiful haven.
It is so organized!
Thank you for being such a faithful friend of Thoughts of Home and my blog.

Laura
White Spray Paint

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Pat, your creative space is just lovely! Those mermaid buttons made my heart skip a beat. lol! Also love the sold, etc. tags; mind my asking where you found them? Your seasonal décor is so organized! I get asked the storage question all the time as well. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Diana Seal said...

Hi Pat, I'm blown away!
Your space is amazing and so beautifully decorated, love how you displayed all your goodies!
You are definitely one organized lady!
Thanks for sharing your delightful space!
Have a great weekend!
Diana

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What an amazing space!! Love all your storage pieces and I am envious at the amount of space that you have!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Hugs,
Deb

donna joy said...

what a beautiful, peaceful space to create in. love the gray-and what i assume are concrete walls. You've done a wonderful job of setting up your creative space!

Cathy said...

What a lovely creative space you've made for yourself! It's put together so beautifully and looks like a wonderful place to be creative. And the magnet board is a great example of "upcycling"!
Cathy

The Charm of Home said...

You have things so organized Pat. It looks great. I like the bookcase with garden trellis background. That's cute! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.