Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Sunflower Patch!

I  love Sunflowers!!!



Here On Crooked Creektt,
"Mr. Ed" grows Sunflowers just for me!!!



Each Season as the seedlings grow into stalks 
and as the first buds begin to arrive, 
there is a giddiness that embarks upon my being!



Our Sunflower Patch
is located on the West side of On Crooked Creektt's Garden's.
Abundant Spring showers gave "Mr. Ed" one of the best patches in a decade!



Long before the Sunflowers make their appearance,
"Mr. Ed" places a hay rake in the Sunflower Patch 
for visual interest in the bare Garden spot. 
He also hangs the Tin Man made by my Dad 
and wrought iron Sunflowers from Roadhouse Antiques.



Observing from the deck, 
I can literally watch the Sunflowers grow from one week to the next!!!



From Mother's Day~to~Flag Day,
each day is a continual transformation in the Sunflower patch!






By mid July,
timid Sunflowers begin to open their faces to the sun
until the entire patch is an explosion of varying hues. . .
 yellows, browns, reds and oranges!





























On Crooked Creektt, this past week,
I've counted a dozen blossoms already!!!

Some Sunflowers have a single bloom per stem,
while others have a stem with multiple blossoms!!!












Regardless the color, the shape or the size
I say, "The more Sunflowers in the Patch. . .
                                                                the merrier On Crooked Creektt!!!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining



Be sure to visit for inspirational ideas 
for use in your own home decor!

9 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Pat, how wonderful your little sunflower patch will be! seems I try to start them but they must get eaten. Love the rust colors ones for late summer decorating. Have a blessed Sunday dear friend.

Miss Char said...

They are just the biggest smile in any garden and Mr. Ed has certainly provided you with lots of beautiful smiles. Thanks for sharing Pat.

bj said...

How exciting to watch these beauties grow...
When my boy was little, he was highly allergic to sunflowers so I've never raised them....
I know how much you love them...me, too, but I just stick with the pretty faux ones. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, my these little beauties grow fast! They are just beautiful blooms too and how nice of your sweeties to grown them for you. I took a picture of one on our little traveling trip.
Hope you've had a nice weekend.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Your sunflowers are magnificent, Pat!!! I didn't grow any this year and really miss them. Don't you love their big heavy centers. I sure do and so do the local birds, I bet!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Pat, your sunflowers are incredible, they are happy, happy flowers. Thanks so much for your visit and kind uplifting words..
fondly ~lynne~

Allison said...

Your sunflowers are gorgeous! They are one of my favorite flowers to put on the breakfast room table. I hope you'll drop by to see DD2 MBR Redo (#3 at Met Monday).

Allison
Atticmag

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

How lovely Pat...sunflowers just make me smile!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Thank you for your visit, dearest Pat. I always appreciate your kind comments. xo