Sunday, June 22, 2014

Grey Dey Thursdey. . .Vol. IX

Polished or tarnished???

That is the question. 


Tarnished? ? ?

I recently purchased three pieces of silver flatware
that were tarnished to the point of appearing blackened.

Two are tarnished silver forks,
found within a vignette of tarnished silver pieces
at my local Antique Shop Roadhouse Antiques and Gifts.










I was ever so intrigued 
with the detailing on the reverse side of the silver fork, as well.







While the detailing is still evident in the tarnished forks and spoons,
I couldn't bring myself to leave the silver flatware in that condition.

One tarnished silver spoon.





















Ah, here in lies the rub!


Polished? ? ?




















While it will always remain a matter of preference,
do tell, how do your prefer yours?


Tarnished. . .




or Polished? ? ?





Polished. . .




or Tarnished? ? ?




I'll take mine polished !





Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining


Michelle @ Petite Michelle Louise for 



Grey Dey Thursdey!


It is my wish that you, too, 
will experience the serene and tranquil inspirations 
that only the hue of gray can bring into your life.

6 comments:

Marigene said...

Definitely polished! Both are pretty patterns. The spoon looks like the International Silver Yale pattern.
Have a great week, Pat.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I like it a little polished and a little tarnished. Wishy-washy I know.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I am a polished girl!! love the sparkle of clean silver, just hate the mess I make and my back hurts from bending over the sink for hours! But the reward is so pretty.

Unknown said...

I do like mine polished but sometimes I allow it to get a little tarnished looking between cleanings. I have a silver water pitcher filled with wooden spoons on my counter and a little tarnish suits it!
Blessings,
Patti

Miss Char said...

I like flatware polished but I like a semi polished look on serving pieces. A little tarnish in the details of the pieces is something that appeals to my decorating style.

Babs said...

I like my flatware and things used for food, polished to within an inch of their lives, but other things..decorative things, I don't mind a smidge of tarnish.