Friday, March 1, 2019

Layering On Spring. . .

Have you heard?
Birds are singing sweetly in the Winter breezes.




On Crooked Creek,
while the birds are scurrying in the Winter breezes,
I layered a few of my favorite bird statutes atop my Dining Room hutch.

Layer ~



by~



layer.



Come in,
and I'll share with you how I added all the layering of Spring


* * * * * Tutorial * * * * *
First,
I cleared off the entire top of my hutch.


Next,
I moved my three Toulon Urns into a grouping to the left.



Then,
I placed a gray hued Garden shutter in the middle of the hutch top. . . 




. . .and added my final Anduze Pottery piece to compliment my Toulon Urns.


Now that the backdrop and the main pieces were set,
I began adding layers~upon layers~upon layers of Spring accessories.


I began with two faux 'bushes' of soft subtle greenery.



After a refreshing coat of paint and stain,
I placed my favorite bird statues in front of the Garden shutters.



To add a more natural realistic appearance,
I brought in a faux branch to camouflage the wooden pedestal bases.




The final element to this Layering On Spring design is a faux bird's nest.



I am quite pleased with the outcome of Layering On Spring
atop the hutch in On Crooked Creek's Dining Room.




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Layer ~


by ~




layer.

Let the Winter breezes blow.


I can enjoy the sweet singing of the birds
that frequent On Crooked Creek's feeders while I continue Layering on Spring!




Until next time. . .

1 comment:

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Adorable Pat! Love this vignette. The little garden shutters are the cutest and Ilike the new paint job on the birds. Come on spring!!