Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Crown Of Beads. . .

During Holy Week,
"Mr. Ed" and I have taken a short break from our 2015 Project List!



So~o~o. . .
 while "Mr. Ed" has been enjoying the out~of~doors
in On Crooked Creektt's Gardens, I set an Easter Tablescape!

My source of inspiration 
comes from this new table runner purchased recently at Pier 1. 





This runner has many of the hues 
within On Crooked Creektt's renewed Dining Room.

* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * *

While laundering my Ralph Lauren soft buttery yellow tablecloth,
I placed the runner across the Dining Room table and began pulling
dinnerware, flatware, florals, napkins, and vases for our Easter Dinner.



White petite ruffled vases, 
purchased at Nell Hill's Atchison Store several years ago, 
will be the perfect "fit" for these sunny yellow silk tulips 
from a recent Memories of Home's Spring Open House!



Miniature soft buttery yellow daffodils, 
nestled neatly within ecru reticulated urns 
from last years Memories of Home purchase, will be worked into the centerpiece.
Everyday ecru hued dinnerware from Kohl's Food Network
mimics the detail within the runner.


Deep hued honey golden cotton napkins
paired with newly purchased ecru linen napkins with a white crocheted lace edge,
will be gently folded and held together 
with a crown of beaded soft buttery yellow and white napkin rings.



Fresh from the dryer, no ironing required,
I placed the runner atop my Ralph Lauren Tablecloth.

Next,
I assembled my centerpiece arrangement.
Placing a daffodil filled urn on either side of my vintage bow handled tureen,
filled with natural hued faux eggs resting atop dried Spanish moss,
extends the centerpiece down the center of the Dining Room table.














Then,
I filled each petite white ruffled vase 
with a single miniature sunny yellow silk tulip
and set it to the upper left of each dinner plate.









To complete each place setting,
I used my everyday stainless Oneida flatware 
and added my crystal etched rose water goblets and green rimmed juice glasses
for addition interest and color within our stemware.












By layering the two napkins together 
and adding a  crown of beaded soft buttery yellow and white napkin ring,
I  eliminated the usual "stacking of plates and saucers", 
and brought the brightly honey golden hues to accentuate the table runner
with a striking statement.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *









A crown of beads,
Spring  soft buttery yellow daffodils 
and sunny yellow tulips,
combined with ecru and white dinnerware and accessories
fill the Dining Room On Crooked Creektt for our Easter Celebration!









May we each fill renewal during this blessed Easter time!



A crown of thorns upon his head,
nailed to a cross of wood to die for me
my Redeemer, my Savior, my King
evermore, shall I be renewed in his gift of Love!





Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining 


Cindy @ Dwellings ~ The Heart Of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday!

and. . .



and. . .


Karen @ Karen's Up On The Hill for Something To Talk About!

and. . .



and. . .


Jody and Stan @ Rooted In Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays!


Each and every week,
seeds of inspiration bloom from these host and hostesses linky parties.
Be sure to visit and delight your family dwelling with brilliant interior design.

8 comments:

podso said...

Pat it is lovely. I like the pops of yellow and it all looks so nice in the aerial view against your gray rug. Enjoy your time off celebrating our Savior's Resurrection!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the colors on the table, so fresh and pretty. I saw the Pier One's Easter display and thought it was so pretty, and one can never go wrong with RL. Happy Easter to both of you.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I hope Mr Ed appreciates your lovely table. What a beautiful deep yellow on those tulips. How I miss flowers in the house, so I am off today so I better get out and get some daffodils before the rain beats them down. Happy Easter, dearest friend.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

This is beautiful Pat. I love the soft coloring and that runner was a great find! Those vases from Nell Hills are perfect and the silk tulips are so real looking! The double layer napkins tie in beautifully with the runner! Have a Happy Easter!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Just beautiful, love your runner.
He is risen!
Blessings,
Cindy

Deserae said...

What a pretty table vignette.....love the beautiful table runner :o)
~Des

candlelightsupper said...

Beautiful tablescape. Your colors are wonderful. The table runner, napkins, and plate, are perfection. Enjoyed seeing what you put together.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Beautiful table, love the cheery yellow. Such a warm color so perfect for an Easter Table.