Sunday, March 29, 2020

From A Different Perspective. . .( Tour)

Spending more time than usual within our home,
On Crooked Creek, has made me pause.
To see things from a different perspective, literally.

Today,
I hope you'll join me as we enter through the Garage Door Entrance
into On Crooked Creek's Dining Room.



Standing on the second step of the Garage Door Entrance,
I am welcomed home to this view of On Crooked Creek's Dining Room.


I adore this view of the sun streaming through the Patio Doors!


Not exactly 'open concept' but the L~shaped Living / Dining Room
combination does have a moving flow about it.


Literally, standing outside of the Patio Door,
you can see how the two rooms join to one another


I rarely,  ever,
photograph On Crooked Creek's Living Room from this perspective.

("Mr. Ed" and I are contemplating refinishing a piece of heirloom
furniture for the open area, but until the 'stay at home' orders are lifted,
we've decided to postpone this DIY project.)


Arriving On Crooked Creek,
"Mr. Ed" and I realized we needed something to fill this wall space.

This Entertainment Center has been the most amazing option!
Not only does it house our television and my oversized stereo system,
but the display area and storage are exceptional.

The right side can be taken off,
should we ever 'downsize' our living quarters and have a smaller space.


My comfy club chair and ottoman give me an amazing view
of On Crooked Creek's Dining Room / Living Room combination.


This Flea Market $8 table find looks amazing after a combination DIY
of my paint technique and "Mr. Ed's" hand rubbed staining.

(With the 'stay~at~home' order, houseplant shopping will wait awhile longer.)


These velvet tufted chairs
make comfortable additional seating for guests and gatherings.


Other than On Crooked Creek's Entertainment Center,
this is my view from my comfy club chair and ottoman.


To pause, in these troubling times, can be a 'good thing'.
It helps one to visualize life from a different perspective.

It is my hope that under these ordered 'stay~at~home' times,
you, too, are taking in the views of your home. . .from a different perspective.



Until next time. . .
                           Pat

Beginning March 30, 2020 @ 12:01 AM, Governor Laura Kelly
has issued a Kansas Statewide 'Stay~At~Home' Order through April 19, 2020.
Stay home.   Stay Safe.

1 comment:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is such a serene room. It would be a lovely place to relax or to visit. Love the triptych and the plants. A wonderful place to hunker down!