Friday, February 1, 2019

Studio One. . .With A Vintage Flair!

Many years ago,
I owned and operated a handmade card business
which I affectionately titled, Studio One.


Although I am no longer employed,
from time~to~time, I make my homemade cards with a Vintage Flair.




I love receiving 'snail mail'!

Can you just imagine the excitement and pure joy
of finding this "Thank You" card in your mail box?




Depending on the intricate detailing,
creating each handmade card with a vintage flair
takes the average of two~to~four days.


Since elements from the papers are hand cut and layered atop one another,
most of that time is for allowing the adhesives to dry.







Each design is hand cut.

No punches, except a hole punch for tags, are used.

And, each card has my signature bow.
A short, fat bow usually from double satin or French silk ribbon as shown here.




Trying to deplete my scraps of past scrapbooking papers,
I chose to line the inside of this handmade "Thank You" card. 



I use hand cut elements from the paper
to coordinate with the front of the envelope.

One final step, is lining the envelope.



Studio One, no longer a business,
now my creative space, is located on the lower level On Crooked Creek.




Once I descend the stairs and engage in Classical Music,
the creative designs that emerge surprise even me.




Until next time. . .

2 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Loving the warm colors of your card and beautifully style bow!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Wow Pat, I did not know you did that. How did that escape me all these years. I had a friend that had a antique store. She moved away but would always send me the best homemade cards. Sadly she passed away but I still treasure the cards she made for me.