Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Welcoming Spring. . .

It's officially time to be Welcoming Spring. . .
On Crooked Creektt Spring begins at the front door!



"Mr. Ed" smiling as he greets our guests!

As he should,
you see, dear ones, he was a h u g e help in making our Spring wreath.



Both, "Mr. Ed" and I had seen a unique square wreath on facebook.
 Once, I determined how the wreath was made,
we set out to try one of our own creations!

* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * *

First,
we made the purchase of our initial "C" at Hobby Lobby.

Next,
we purchased two stems. The first of soft buttery yellow florals;
the second off~white with hints of green delicate flowers.

We also, purchased one bag of Spanish Moss.



Using an 8" X 10" wooden frame,
"Mr. Ed" hot glued the Spanish Moss to the front and sides of the frame.

Then, 
he painted the "C" in our soft Sherwin ~ Williams Paper White.



Once the Spanish Moss had 'set'
and the initial "C" had dried, I began the designing and gluing of the florals.

I made a single tan burlap bow 
and attached it to the upper left hand corner of the frame.


The larger soft buttery yellow flowers 
are some that were in my bin of Spring florals.
I attached them at several of the corners.

The initial "C"is tied on to the frame using a thin green ribbon.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



I adore how it brightens On Crooked Creektt's front door!




The unique square shape is a 'perfect' fit  
for the unique square 'peek' window opening.




I've been "photo bombed"!

On Crooked Creektt,
both "Mr. Ed" and I are Welcoming Spring!


Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining



and. . .



and. . .



and. . .




Each and every week,
seeds of inspiration bloom from these host and hostesses linky parties.
Be sure to visit and delight your family dwelling with brilliant interior design.

13 comments:

Rita C at Panoply said...

Pat, that's adorable, and so is Mr. Ed!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So pretty!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Love your new wreath and the unusual shape. We can't put one up any more due to birds nesting in the last one and then flying in the house when we opened the door and scared them. It was a mess of do-do on the door's window too. yuck.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your wreath is just too beautiful sweet friend. I love it at your Pretty door. Your Mr. Ed looks very proud of the wreath too.
Thank you always for your sweet and kind visit.
Hugs,
FABBY

Babs said...

Wow! Pretty wreath! Love the square shape. "Mr. Ed" did a great job..you, too, of course. :) Happy Spring!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a pretty and different little wreath. Letters are so popular, I buy a couple then think "what am I going to do with that?"
Hi to Mr Ed!!

Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living said...

Looks great! I love the delicate look to the flowers. Thanks for sharing

Gina said...

That is such a pretty wreath, Pat! I really love the square shape & I think it looks wonderful against that fantastic door!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Oh Pat that turned out so cute and a perfect design for your door! You and hubby are so cute together and I love the "we" do things together part about you both!

Karen @ karensuponthehill said...

Pat, that is one gorgeous front door! And your handsome husband and that great square shape wreath are such lovely accessories!
Thanks so much for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! OH, this wreath is so pretty! I'll tell you what...you've got it made with Mr. Ed doing the painting for you and now making wreaths! :) You two are a great pair.
Thanks for popping in to see my little curtains.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Debra@CommonGround said...

this is so pretty!!! I love how the square shape mimics the squares on your fron door! what a great idea, Pat, I love it!!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Your wreath fits your door perfectly and I love the monogram!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy