Sunday, March 15, 2015

2015's Project #3. . .

Did you ever change just one thing within a room 
that gave the entire space such a huge impact???



Oh, my goodness!!!
I can't fully conceive the renewal that painting the built~in china cabinet 
in On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room has made to uplifting my spirit!


Built~in China Cabinet After. . .

Arriving On Crooked Creektt,
our 1970's Ranch Style Home had all dark mahogany cabinetry throughout.

After struggling with the dark cabinetry within the 1970's Galley Style Kitchen, 
one very l o n g Winter Storm, I painted the cabinets with Sherwin~Williams 
Paper White whilst "Mr. Ed" was plowing snow for 14 days without ceasing.


Galley Style Kitchen Before. . .




Galley Style Kitchen Before. . .

However, 
I didn't paint the built~in china cabinet at the same time.
Once the Winter Storm subsided, I returned to work.
My original thought was to paint this unit over Spring Break.

But. . .when Spring Break arrived, 
"Mr. Ed" told me he didn't want me to paint the built~in Cabinet.

So~o~o. . .
instead of painting the cabinet, I did persuade "Mr. Ed"
to apply the same Waverly Fruit motif wall paper to the interior.


Built~in China Cabinet Before. . .


Built~in China Cabinet Before. . .

Built~in China Cabinet Before. . .


2015 is The Year of Renewal On Crooked Creektt!


Galley Style Kitchen After!
( For our completed 1970's Galley Style Kitchen Renewal see 2015's Project #2. . .here)


First,
"Mr. Ed"  p a i n s t a k i n g l y  removed all the wall paper 
along with the cabinet doors and drawers.


Work in progress. . .



Work in progress. . .

Work in progress. . .


Work in progress. . .


























Once the wall paper was removed,
he used Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer on all the dark mahogany.



Already, I began to see a h u g e improvement!


Work in progress. . .




Work in progress. . .

Next,
he painted the interior backs and sides of the built~in china cabinet
with Sherwin~Williams Sandbar 
to blend with the Dining Room's newly chosen wall color.

The exterior of the cabinet fronts were painted the same as the 
1970's Galley Style Kitchen cabinetry with Sherwin~Williams Paper White.


Work in progress. . .



Work in progress. . .



Work in progress. . .

With each coat of fresh paint my excitement continued to grow.

Once the cabinet doors and drawers were on,
I could no longer contain myself and my heart leaped with pure joy!


Built~in China Cabinet After. . .

While "Mr. Ed" continued to add touch~ups to the upper cabinet doors
and re~install the glass panes, I took advantage of the 'waiting time' 
to begin styling the upper cabinet shelves.


Work in progress. . .

In keeping with my Traditional Timeless Classic Style,
I chose some favorites from my Bordallo Pinheiro Collection
and my crystal rose etched stemware to display within the shelves
of our built~in china cabinet in On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room.



















Sherwin ~ Williams Sandbar lends a subtle, neutral background for my collection.









Now the view from the Living Room~into the Dining Room~ 
and on into the Galley Style Kitchen are cohesive.


Built~in China Cabinet After. . .



Built~in China Cabinet After. . .


Built~in China Cabinet After. . .


Such a huge impact to On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room
from changing  just that one thing!


Built~in China Cabinet After. . .

I, honestly, don't know why we waited so~o~o long to make this renewal
to the built~in china cabinet, but changing the color of his cabinet 
has lighten my spirit and given me such a sense of calm and peace 
within our 1970's Ranch Style Home.



I only wished we'd done this years ago!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining


Cindy @ Dwellings ~ The Heart Of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday!

and. . .


Christine @ Rustic and Refined for Table It!

and. . .



and. . .


Debra @ Common Ground for Share Your Style!

and. . .





Each and every week,
seeds of inspiration bloom from these host and hostesses linky parties.
Be sure to visit and delight your family dwelling with brilliant interior design.

11 comments:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Pat!!
I am absolutely loving this room, all your hard work paid off because it looks fantastic! Wish I could come see it in person!
Wishing you a wonderful week!
xo

Rita C at Panoply said...

Oh Pat, you're right - what a change! I absolutely love your cabinet and your Bordallo Pinheiro - oh my gosh! It just looks wonderful the way you've displayed it. You'll enjoy that for a long while, I'm sure.
Rita

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, this just looks beautiful! The change is wonderful. Now I just loved that pretty wallpaper but your change is wonderful and really shows off your pretties! Hope you've had a great weekend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

I love that you've refreshed everything with paint rather than going out and replacing cabinets and china closet. It looks so bright. What a difference. Love all your green dishes too.
Blessings,
Patti

Martha said...

A really good transformation and I like what you styled on your shelves!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Pat, the transformation of your kitchen and the darling built in hutch is outstanding! I just Lve how you've styled your cabinet. Won't you have fun changing those shelves throughout the seasons?!
Thank you for your visit to my blog, my friend!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Wow it looks great Pat! What a difference! I love the way you've styled it with your lovely green and white things~
Jenna

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Pat, I know how painful wallpaper removal can be!! Our first house had laminated paper with velvet highlights in one bedroom (yes it was as awful as it sounds!) and it came off one teeny shred at a time! Your hubby is a real treasure to do this for you and your work on the white cabinets is wonderful too! I am thinking of doing mine but hubby is very opposed. I was here before but got lost looking up your amazing BP plates, especially the ones with the brown borders! They are gorgeous and you've done such a nice job with your cabinet. You will certainly enjoy playing with dishes in it every season now! Linda

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Well congratulations on getting it painted the way you wanted. You surely waited a long time for it! It does look great and fits in with the styling you like better now. You two have been on a roll!

Candy S said...

Pat, You are so right about the color change making a huge difference to your built in china cabinet. The white soothes the eyes and allows the beauty of your BP plates shine through the panes of glass. I have oak cabinets in my kitchen that I want to paint this year (if I ever get brave enough to do it).

Karen @ karensuponthehill said...

What a beautiful transformation! Your beautiful pieces really stand out! Your husband is such a dear for doing that for you, my husband huffs and puffs so much, that I avoid asking!lol!