Monday, November 18, 2013

Welcoming Christmas. . .

While I realize that it's still a bit early. . .
here On Crooked Creektt
. . .the front porch is already donning its gay apparel.




Arriving home from running errands this past week,
I glanced at our front porch in horror!
What to my wondering eyes should appear???
Not one, not two, but three. . .
yes three. . . Seasons of decor stretched across the decking!!!
Summer, Autumn and Winter all horribly meshed together!


So~o~o, while the weather was unseasonably warm
and aided by "Mr. Ed", we did a clean sweep of the front porch!



Formerly my home based business,
Studio One is now my creative space On Crooked Creektt.
Here I can create and design without interruption.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * * * * * * * *
As the classical music filled my inner being with inspiration,
I began the task of dismantling the Autumnal wreath. 
With Christmas On Crooked Creektt's color palette in hand, 
I gathered items from my many decor bins and the process began. . .



After removing the dried mushroom and pod,
I applied puffs of metallic silver paint ever so lightly.



Beginning with a plastic ice crystal sprig purchased 
after~Christmas for 75 % off, I layered and wired the sprig in place.






Using wire cutters, I snipped the stems of felted white poinsettias
and tucked them inside the grapevine atop the ice crystal sprigs.



Metallic silver spraying of pine cones 
were needed to continue my Christmas palette.
Then, I inserted another poinsettia from the opposite direction.



Moving to the right, 
I repeated with another ice crystal sprig.



Repeating with poinsettias on the right side,
I also, began to fill in the base of the grapevine wreath 
with the dried pod and mushrooms for more visual appeal.



Bringing a few more metallic silver pine cones to the right side
brought a sense of balance to the wreath.






* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tip * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I lightly dusted the bottom of the second poinsettia 
and the top of the third poinsettia on the left side of the wreath. . .
and a dusting was given to the top inside poinsettia on the right side
with the metallic silver spray paint.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
Wire edged ribbon is always my ribbon of choice.
However, using what was readily available within my color palette,
I used a sheer white, soft sea foam green and a metallic silver lace
trio to wrap the grapevine wreath and make the bow.










* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I'm quite pleased with with the change 
from Autumn to Christmas On Crooked Creektt.








While Autumn is my favorite of the four Seasons. . .




Christmas is and always will be my favorite holiday!




Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creek will be joining





Be sure to visit this amazing hostess
for inspirational decor ideas for your own home.

3 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

the beginning of your post made me giggle! fa la la!

I decorated 1515

Martha said...

Lovely wreath! We've been gone so I've not been commenting -- mostly sparse or no internet. I can't believe we weren't connected for a month!

Dear friend, you can work wonders!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a delightful transformation! Astonishing, really. Your pretty new wreath has just the colors I love for Christmas.