Thursday, May 30, 2019

My Favorite Things. . .2019 May, Vol. 5

Many of my followers, family and friends
know that I am not an out~of~doors person.




So~o~o. . .
as suggested by a close friend and colleague,
to begin my out~of~doors journey
I began gardening. . .Herb Gardening.


"Mr. Ed" built a three tier herb box
and we placed it just beyond the patio doors
in On Crooked Creek Gardens.





I adore how the three square boxes form little pockets for a variety of herbs.

While I resided in South East Kansas,
my colleague and I attended several Herb Gardening Classes.

These classes not only helped me to identify each herb,
but they also introduced me to using herbs within my kitchen.









Making herb butter is one of my favorite ways to use herbs!




Sharing my love of Herb Gardening with others is truly a joy.

Here's a glimpse of the Herb Gardening presentation,
Herbs - Edible Plants, I shared with my Joy Circle Ladies.






Through the Garden Gate
 was a special time with special friends On Crooked Creek.

I hosted a Garden Tour, featuring our Herb Garden.






While the ladies and I toured the Gardens On Crooked Creek,
"Mr. Ed" grilled some amazing chicken which I served with
herb flavored spaghetti and pasta sauce, french bread with herb butter,

a green salad, and a lemon dessert.

YuMMy!



Unfortunately,
several years ago, the herb box meet its demise.

Since then,
"Mr. Ed" helped me make the move of the herbs
to On Crooked Creek's front gardens. 


Instead of an herb box, we now use container gardening.







Early in the Summer evening,
I enjoy the play of light for photographing the blossoms of the chive.












The fifth in my post of My Favorite Things. . .Herb Gardening
has helped me achieve better health by getting out~of~doors
more frequently and eating more flavorful foods enhanced with herbs.


Take a moment to enjoy the herb gardening past and present
within On Crooked Creek's Gardens.











Until next time. . .




2 comments:

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Well those herbs looked fabulous! Too bad the three box tier met its demise! Looks like you’ve come up with a good alternative. Making herbed butter sounds like quite a treat!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Either way you grow them, they look like a delightful area of the yard. I've learned that Rosemary and Mint will grow for anyone so those are the two that I have an abundance of!