Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Furniture Scootin' Boogie. . .

W h e w!
Little did I know just how out~of~shape I was 
until I began the furniture scootin' boogie!!!

Rarely seen from this angle
is the upper level Living Room featuring "Mr. Ed's" recliner.



Thank goodness,
it wasn't this side of the room where I scooted the furniture around
'cause it "takes two" to move that massive recliner!

Oh, no. . .
the  furniture scootin' boogie 
took place on the opposite side of the Living Room!



First,
I brought "Mr. Ed's" Loden Green chair up from the lower level Family Room.
A l l   by  m y s e l f. . .yes, I  d i d!!!



Next,
I brought my "Buckwheat" chair up the stairs.
(If you remember the Our Gang Kids show. . .you're chuckling about now,
as did "Mr. Ed" and I when they told us the name of the hue of my chair!)




Moving these two chairs was relatively simple.

I flipped them end~over~end coming up the stairs.

They are light weight 
and easy to maneuver by holding on to the curve in the chair backs.
A l l  by  m y s e l f. . .yes, I  d i d!!!

It wasn't all grins and giggles, let me tell you, but not bad, really!

I had to be sure I was pleased with this look 
before I recruited the help of "Mr. Ed" 
to assist with taking the two chairs that previously had been there 
down to the lower level Family Room.



These two massive chairs were quite a different story. . . h e l p!

I did remove the lumbar throw pillow
and the seat cushion before calling for "Mr. Ed".

However, 
they are  a w a r k w a r d,  b i g  and  h e a v y!

Then,
when we scooted them to the stairway. . .
we had to remove the legs 
to get them down the narrow 1970's Ranch Style stairway!

So~o~o. . .
"Mr. Ed" and I went from this. . .



to this. . .



while doing the  furniture scootin' boogie!

Now that there was a bit more of a void in the space,
I recruited "Mr. Ed" to help me bring my heirloom swivel rocker
from the lower level Family Room up to the upper level Living Room.



Don't let this charming 'little' chair fool your eyes, dear ones.
She's  s h o r t, s t o u t  and  h e a v y!!!



But, a nice addition to the overall appeal in the Living Room.

While I'm still getting use to the lighter,
brighter feel to this side of On Crooked Creektt's Living Room,
"Mr. Ed", our son and daughter~in~law are convinced its a 'Good Thing'!







 Getting the upper level Living Room in tip~top~shape 
by doing the furniture scootin' boogie. . . 
it's a 'Good Thing'. . .On Crooked Creektt!



* * * Coming up next. . .
 Only One Flower Will Suffice. . .On Crooked Creektt! ***



Until next time. . . 


On Crooked Creektt will be joining



Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday!

and. . .



and. . .



and. . .


Each and every week,
seeds of inspiration bloom from these host and hostesses linky parties.

Be sure to visit and delight your family dwelling with brilliant interior design.




8 comments:

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Lol on the Furniture scootin' boogie! That's my specialty! It's hard to do stairs though. The new arrangement looks great! There is usually one or two pieces of furniture that we love the most and those get the key positions! Mr. Ed has made a lot of progress! I moved a couple of pieces too but I got Dan to help so I wouldnt trigger my sacroiliac again!

Martha said...

I like what you did -- I do like the lighter look. Those chairs are awesome! I move my furniture too -- a table downstairs (small not dining room size) and 2 dining chairs down and 4 up! That's what I did Monday and Tuesday! Thankfully, the basement is not bad -- it's 3 steps and then a landing and then like six steps to the basement level. So it's not too bad!

Unknown said...

A good way to get your workout for the day! Your living room looks very pretty with the new lighter colors. I really like your rug too, or is it wall-to-wall carpeting?
You two take care and don't injure yourselves moving things around. We've done enough of that here in the new house. Ugh!
Blessings,
Patti

Marigene said...

I ♥ moving furniture around!
Hope you are keeping warm in this frigid weather, Pat!

bj said...

I think it all looks very nice.
Nothing like changing up furniture every now and then to get a new feel for the rooms.
hugs

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

The grey & cream chairs sure have a neat shape to them. Looking good!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Hard work moving things around but feels so good when finished and it looks so good...love it!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY.
Blessings,
Cindy

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Hard work moving things around but feels so good when finished and it looks so good...love it!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY.
Blessings,
Cindy