Saturday, October 25, 2014

Funk & Wagnalls Wreath!

I adore designer brand name a n y t h i n g!

. . .and I l o v e designing and creating with paper!!!

So~o~o. . .
when I saw  a Book Page Leaves Autumnal paper wreath 
from Kathyat A Delightsome Life
I couldn't resist trying to make one for my own home decor!

While "Mr. Ed" was catching some of his largest Brown Trout to date,
I was busy cutting out paper leaves. 




In the back of a Funk & Wagnalls Standard Desk Dictionary
was a section titled, Secretarial Handbook 
which I used as experimental pages to cut out the leaves.

I used one oak leaf pattern, the other two were maple leaves.

* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * *

Three leaves.




Doubling the amount.
First, 
I cut 10 leaves from each pattern for a total of 30 leaves.



Tripling the amount.

Then,
I began arranging the leaves in a circular pattern.



I continued cutting and arranging the leaves,
until I had a clear visual idea of how the finished wreath would look.



Finally,
I placed them inside clear zip~loc bags for storing
until we arrived home to assemble the wreath.



Once we arrived home from our Annual Trout Fishing Trip to Bennett Spring,
I began the process of assembling the Autumnal paper wreath.



I had kept the scraps in a separate zip~loc baggie 
to camouflage the cardboard form.


"Mr. Ed" cut an 11 1/2 inch circle from cardboard using one of our dinner plates. 
The inner circle measures 7 3/4 inches and was cut using a dessert / salad plate.



I covered both the front and the back of the cardboard circle
with scraps of the dictionary sheets and trimmed for a custom fit.

The first row of leaves 
were angled around the rim of the cardboard and glued into place.



The second row was altered somewhat 
and placed onto the wreath using scrapbooking foam dots.



I'm quite pleased with the outcome of the wreath
as I view it from its drying place in Studio One.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *






The finished Autumnal paper leaf looks amazing 
in On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room.



On Crooked Creektt,
my very own original designer Funk & Wagnall Paper Wreath!


Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining


Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday!

And. . .


Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire me Tuesday!

Be sure to visit these amazing hostesses
for inspiring home decor ideas 
for use within your own home! 


4 comments:

Marigene said...

Cute, cute wreath, Pat! How do you get such a perfect bow?
The weather we are having is wonderful, hard to believe it is almost the end of October.
Have a great upcoming week.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Oh if I could bring myself to cut up a book. I am too much a pureist! The wreath is adorable and looks great on that beautiful hutch of yours.
I have to tell you....the other night you and Mr Ed where in my dream!! I must of been thinking of you cancelling the show but in my dream you were setting up. Mr Ed was doing great in the dream by the way.
Have a wonderful Sunday to too special people

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What a cute wreath, Pat! I bet it would be pretty with sheet music, too! You did a great job. Your bow is perfect!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks so cute Pat! A few years ago I cut leaves out of an old french book and sealed them with some modge podge. I use them to decorate my booth each Fall!