Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Sprinkling of Autumn. . .

Rain sprinkling softly outside the patio doors
still colors my world On Crooked Creektt 
with scenes of lush green Gardens and landscape.

However, in the Dining Room,
there's a Sprinkling of Autumn taking place!



I do apologize for the glare of the Dining Room chandelier arm,
but I had no natural light during our sprinkling out~of~doors.

Two major changes made to the Dining Room buffet and hutch
were the elimination of the white background to the hutch 
and the adjusting of the buffet 
to match the angle of the Dining Room rug and table.
( To see the before photos visit On Crooked Creek/ Winter's Twilight here)

We'll begin with the Autumnal decor at the top of the hutch.



This is my view from the Galley Kitchen
 as I prepare our daily meals On Crooked Creektt!


Seldom, do I change these Anduze urns for other accessories atop the hutch.
I adore their hue, shape and style! 



* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * * * 
Beginning with a five strand golden and sage green with orange berries swag
I stripped the swag with three stands in one hand, two strands in the other.

I put the first three strands around the left Anduze urn
and maneuvered around the back, then along the front, 
trailing the berries and leaves alternatively 
in a drape across the top of the cabinet.



Using the two strands, I worked around the right oval Anduze urn
and maneuvered around the back, then along the front,
repeating the process until both strands met in the middle.

To fill the void, 
I placed two Autumnal hued silk leaf bushes between the Anduze urns.



Next, I inserted a knobby textured russet~orange pumpkin
atop a berry and star candle wreath to add a touch of Autumnal decor.



I am quite pleased with how well the hues of the swag,
leaf bushes and the pumpkin accentuate the warm paint color 
and the finish of the hutch.



Using these design accessories I already had:
*) One Golden and Sage Green Swag divided
*) Two Autumnal hued silk leaf bushes
*) A berry and star candle wreath
*) Knobby textured russet~orange pumpkin. . .
I created this simplistic Autumn vignette 
for On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Moving down along the cabinet doors,
I hung this petite wreath adorned with miniature pumpkins,
orange pip berries, curling twigs and leaves on the pear knob.



Directly below, 
I placed this oil painting of a pineapple on velvet
on an easel and added an urn filled with dainty prairie flowers.



I adore how all the hues of this vignette
blend harmoniously with the vignette atop the hutch.



The buffet top continually showcases my heirloom silver Tea Service.

Once I had removed the white vine background paper,
I cleansed the back of the hutch and then applied a coat of 
Old English Scratch cover to bring out the natural beauty of the wood.



Having no space left in my built~in china cabinet,
I used two of my Celtic design plates as a backdrop for the Tea Service. 



A square quilted table topper, placed on an angle, 
protects the top of the buffet and grounds the color palette in this vignette.
For an additional Sprinkling of Autumnal hues,
I added the gold, orange and sage green tea towel to the silver tray.



These Green Leaf Majolica saucers atop a wrought iron pedestal
 are a subtle reminder that Summer is still in session On Crooked Creektt!



While the rain has continued the entire time,
I've enjoyed adding A Sprinkling of Autumn
to On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room buffet and hutch.



Perhaps I'll make a cup 'o tea
and enjoy this Sprinkling of Autumn
while I watch the rain softly sprinkling outside my patio door.






Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining 




And. . .



Be sure to visit both of these linky parties
and come away with inspiration for your own home decor!


9 comments:

Martha said...

It is fall On Crooked Creek -- must be the too cool August!!!!

Debra@CommonGround said...

so pretty, Pat. Love those wonderful Anduze pots!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Just the perfect touches. It is suppose to be cooler this week, I think I am getting the itch and soon as I get in a antique or decorating store..I am going to want to do the same. Have a great week sweet one.

Unknown said...

Love the green dishes, Pat!
Charming as usual.
Love,
Julie

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Oh, I am so happy to see someone has started some Fall decorating! I've promised a certain someone that I won't start until the first of Sept., but I am just jumping out of my skin to get started. Oh we'll, I'm gathering lots of ideas!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is so pretty. I always love the way you style this cabinet. The touch of autumn is so perfect and I am really ready for some cooler temperatures. Love that little wreath too. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, honey! This is gorgeous. I love how you've dressed the top with the garland and those pretty pots! You've really done a beautiful job and I feel the coolness of fall already! ;) thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Pat, this is just stunning! I ADORE the urns on top of your hutch! You wove the garlands abd bushes beautifully among your urns. The green dishes and wreath are terrific additions and the square topper and napkin are the icing on the cake! I love it all.

Tammy N said...

Such pretty fall decorating! It still feels like summer here in Utah, but I guess fall is around the corner.