Thursday, January 24, 2019

My Favorite Things. . .2019 January, Vol.1

Every Season On Crooked Creek brings change,
and editing.



With each new display and vignette,
items are scrutinized for their worth in our daily life happenings.


In 2019, my plan is to create a post through each Season of the Year
titled, My Favorite Things .




I'm beginning with my Majolica Bordallo Pinheiro Collection.


While I adore the Cabbage Leaf pattern with its brown band,
I continue to hunt for enough serving pieces to set a table for six.








Finding a variety of patterns gives me quite a thrill!

Besides the Cabbage Leaf,
I have found several pieces with a Geranium and Grapevine pattern.











Love the appearance this grouping adds 
to the built~in china cabinet within On Crooked Creek's Dining Room!

Who knew there were Cabbage Leaf bowls?


Or, matching Cabbage Leaf Platters?




When I found these Geranium Pattern cups and saucers
at our local Antique Mall, I was quite smitten with the pattern!









During a recent vacation, I found these petite 'tidbit' plates!


























Not my Majolica Bordallo Pinheiro,
but I adore how they blend Harmoniously with all the other patterns.


This Classic Majolica Handpainted Tea Set 
(from www.henriksenimports.com )
though not Bordallo Pinheiro, compliments my Grapevine platter quite nicely.



I couldn't resist this Cauliflower Tea Pot
while shopping in Weston, Missouri during our 4oth Wedding Anniversary Trip.
A great compliment to our Majolica Bordallo Pinheiro Cabbage Pattern Platter.




Whether viewing in passing,
or from On Crooked Creek's Dining Room Table,
my Majolica Bordallo Pinheiro Collection adds an interesting
balance of color to our monochromatic color scheme.




Majolica Bordallo Pinheiro,
in any Season of the Year, is definitely one of My Favorite Things!



Until next time. . . 

3 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

That's a beautiful collection! I remember seeing the cabbage bowls about 30 years ago in a magazine and I fell in love with them on the spot. Still beautiful.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such a beautiful collection! I am loving the green this time of year. A wonderful way to show some of your favorite things!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a lovely collection of dishes dear friend and I love the green !
My mom has a salad bowl like a cabbage from this collection and yes, it is very old.
Have a super week !
Fabby