Friday, January 18, 2019

Gender Neutral Master. . .

During our years of make~overs,
"Mr. Ed" confessed to me that he needed a place to sleep
that wasn't pink and filled with roses.




As we completed one room ~after~ another,
I began consulting with him about color palettes.

We both agree that we like the Smoky Slate Olympic Paint
for our Master Bedroom that we chose in 2003.


This hue cocoons you and makes for a restful nights sleep.




Our Cherry Master Bedroom furniture was made
only after ordering and comes to us from North Carolina.


I love our four~poster Queen Size Bed and Triple Dresser.




Per "Mr. Ed's" request,
I added huge white pottery jars and filled them with faux Magnolia stems.






The surface of the dresser is filled with our combined wooden jewelry boxes.


A single silver tray
works for storing our wrist watches at night, and occasionally , his cologne.




For comfort, practicality and warmth, 

we chose a charcoal gray quilted throw
in a chevron patterned stitching instead of a bedspread.




A creamy ivory with navy~blue windowpane check wool blanket 
is all the extra covering we need in the Autumn and Winter months.


Two sets of plump pillows
are a must for comforting slumber On Crooked Creek.




The wooden bench at the foot of the Master Bed has duo purposes.

During the day, "Mr. Ed" & I sit on it for ease in dressing.

By night it holds the pillow shams and decorative pillows.



This oil portrait was taken prior to "Mr. Ed's" entry into the U. S. Army.

Because he and Ronnie Howard have a striking resemblance,
one to the other, we have titled this portrait Happy Days.


Although, we did not purchase the matching nightstands
at the time we purchased our Master Bedroom suit,

we were many years using 'cast~offs' and heirlooms.



A few years ago, we made the purchase of matching night stands
at a local consignment shop.

I love the storage and use mine for magazines and throw blankets.






Treasures I hold dear reside on my nightstand. . .

my Wedding Bible, a photo of "Mr. Ed" & I at the Bellagio
during our son's wedding in Las Vegas 
and a current photo of "Mr. Ed" from our Church Directory.


A nice soft throw, for light covering during napping
On Crooked Creek, rest at the foot of the bed.

A wrought iron medallion hangs on the wall to the side of our bed.


A print 'Always kiss me goodnight' 
within a vintage wooden frame hangs above our bed.



"Mr. Ed" agrees this gender neutral Master Bedroom
is quite restful and matches our retired lifestyle perfectly.

For me, it holds Sweet Dreams.




Until next time. . .


4 comments:

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Hi Pat- your room definitely looks comforting and inviting. Dan doesn’t like the “too feminine” look either. Love the portrait of you two. It’s wonderful that you have such quality heirloom furniture. It costs a small fortune to get custom quality furniture made in the U.S these days!

FABBY'S LIVING said...


To redo our bedroom is in my list; but hey, it is taking me so long, we go on trips and spend the money all the time, lol...
I love your beautiful bedroom and I'm a little envious too, hihi..
Your heirloom furniture is lovely, I have a special place inside me for heirlooms and your bedroom looks so warm, pretty and serene. Congrats, a great inspiration for me too.
Mr. Living doesn't like the feminine either and I don't blame him, he sleeps in it too.
Hugs,
Fabby

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Warm and welcoming. I could enjoy a nap in your room.

bj said...

I love your peaceful bedroom. I am planning a simple redo of mine in the spring....