Saturday, January 9, 2016

Baby, It's Cool Inside!

C o o l  blue, that is!



On Crooked Creektt's built~in china cabinet 
received a c o o l blue make~over following the Christmas Holiday.



With our dreary days On Crooked Creektt,
I've been limited to indoor lighting and apologize for the quality of these photos.

I'll open the doors to eliminate the glare, that should help.




The "Resident Decorator" now has a second title. . .
                                                                  "Resident Lighting Coordinator". 

I had "Mr. Ed" closing the blinds, closing the drapes, 
turning off the chandelier, turning the chandelier on ~
all while I was standing atop my step ladder.

Oh, the "little" things our husbands must endure 
in a day of life while being married to a blogger! (wink)



I adore using my turquoise Homer Laughlin dinner plates
and placed them in the built~in china cabinet for maximum use
during our c o o l Winter weather.



Extra dinner plates on the top shelf. . .



Tea cup and dessert plate for one, just within reach on the middle shelf. . .



and soup bowls on the bottom shelf along with blue and mercury silver votives!






Extra cups and saucers, along with the lidded sugar bowl awaiting visitors. . .



multiple bowls for dessert, salad or soup. . .



dinner plates within easy reach for On Crooked Creektt candlelit dinners.




Of course, 
once the interior shelves were made to reflect the c o o l  Winter weather,
I changed the accessories on the open shelf to reflect the same.



More of my favorite white pieces combined with silver.



White lidded urns purchased at Nell Hill's 
combined with a heirloom silver condiment piece filled with white silk roses
begins the c o o l white vignette atop the open shelf of the built~in china cabinet.









One of my newest collections (obsessions)
are these creamy ivory swirl pattern cups and saucers trimmed in silver!








After nearly a year's search, 
I recently purchased silver Tea Pot, creamer, lidded sugar bowl
all on a round silver tray for serve Tea.

An heirloom silver coffee urn completes this c o o l vignette!



On Crooked Creektt's built~in china cabinet 
is ready for warm hospitality, despite the c o o l weather.

I welcome you to join me for a cup of hot coffee or tea 'cause. . .
baby it's c o o l outside!




Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .



And. . .


And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .




And. . .








As you visit the above host and hostesses,
may you come away filled with inspiring ideas
for use within your own home décor.
Please leave a short comment
to let each of them know how much you enjoyed their linky party.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful china! Love the way you are displaying them! It's 50 degrees here. I've been climbing, changing curtains in the bedroom, switching comforters, hanging a blind in the bathroom, washing some quilts...... my hubby is gone for the day, so I can really get stuff done!

Unknown said...

Very cool indeed, Pat! Love blue always and paring with your new silver is so pretty. You must do a post on your travels, I am so curious to learn more! And to live in those countries, you have a wealth of stories, I am sure!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Such pretty plates should surely warm your heart if not your room. And, lucky you to be a blogstar with an assistant at your ready! I got tickled just picturing you on the ladder with hubs doing your bidding. Oh how times have changed since women were the hammer-handers.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

We have something in common...we both love dishes! What a beautiful plate color and love the white urns, gorgeous. It has been so gloomy here too and miss the sun and helps to take better photos in. So glad you have an assistant!

Unknown said...

I adore your china too Pat, and your silver, and your white ironstone . . . the colors are so perfect for winter. How sweet of Mr. Ed to help with your photo shoot too. Our guys are the best!
Keep warm my friend,
Patti

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Love how this turned out Pat! Something about this time of year makes me want to put out some blue too. Those plates are pretty- great color. Love the combination you put together on each shelf. Those blue glass votives are so pretty- I thought they were a drinking glass at first! Loving the open shelf area- the new tea set is wonderful and of course those white urns from Nell Hills!

podso said...

I always enjoy seeing your HL dishes and they look so nice in your cabinet. Its nice to change things around in January, isn't it. I remember finding you a plate and I have not seen one in any shops since that day.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Sweet Mr. Ed ...great photo.
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Love the changes you did, the white cool colors look great in that beautiful cabinet. I had to laugh when you mentioned what our hubby's put up with when we blog. It's so true! Don't know that I ever would have asked mine to take down a wall for butlers pantry, or too stand there holding the weed trimmer while I take a better photo!

My thrift store addiction said...

Your cool blue dishes are just lovely! Visiting from SYC!

Unknown said...

Your house is so pretty and inviting. I love the decorating for snow after the Christmas decorations are gone. Thank so much for sharing.

Art and Sand said...

Your display is simply beautiful.

It looks so easy to put together a display like yours, but it takes lots of time and love.

Thanks for Sharing Your Cup.