Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Favorite Things. . .Vol. I

My Favorite Things. . .
is the chosen title of a new post On Crooked Creektt.

I hope to feature a few of My Favorite Things throughout 2015!

The idea comes from my years of merchandising.
One of my various job descriptions and duties 
was to artfully display home decor in 'pleasing~to~the~eye' vignettes.


To tell your story, one must set the stage.

Several of my closest friends have commented,
that watching me stage or style a display
is liken to that of a conductor directing an orchestra.

* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * *



I began with a grouping of like objects.
Varying height, hues and texture keeps a cohesive appeal.



I adore harmonious blending of treasured heirlooms
with timeless classic finds, as seen above with the coffee urn
and the vintage ironstone oval serving platter.




Many decorators will tell you to leave open spaces 
giving the eyes a place to rest. 

While I'm trying to accomplish more 'resting places'
within On Crooked Creektt's design, 
my thoughts here are to disguise the background for a monochromatic style.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Embracing my Traditional Roots
and combining my Southern influenced upbringing,
my overall goal of each component in my home design is that of hospitality.




In 2015,
my hope for each of you is that you
*embrace change
*find joy
*pursue your passions.


Thank you for allowing me to share 
a few of My Favorite Things!


Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining



and. . .



Christine @ Rustic and Refined for Table It!

and. . .



Jody and Stan @ Rooted In Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays!


and. . .



Chloe @ Celebrate and Decorate for Celebrate It Sunday!



Each and every week,
seeds of inspiration bloom from these host and hostesses linky parties.
Be sure to visit and delight your family dwelling with brilliant interior design.





7 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

thanks for the quick tutorial. I'll work on my "spaces" this year.

podso said...

Happy New Year, Pat!

Marigene said...

Just dropping by to wish you the best in 2015!

Rita C at Panoply said...

Lovely them, Pat, and a great beginning to your new year. I've so enjoyed getting to know you better in this past year, and I hope it continues into 2015. Here's hoping God will keep you and Mr CC in good health in the coming year. Cheers!
Rita C at Panoply

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a pretty vignette, love your dishes! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
Blessings,
Cindy

The Charm of Home said...

This is beautiful! Love the dishes! Thank you for your kind words on my tea review posts for 2014!~ Happy New Year my friend!
Sherry

Chloe Crabtree said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing at Celebrate it Sunday on Celebrate and Decorate!