Saturday, December 20, 2014

Simplistic Christmas Dining. . .

"Mr. Ed's" a farmer boy.
Me? I'm a city girl.



He likes a 'set down' to supper meal.
Me? I adore a formally set dinner table.



We're meeting in the middle of our backgrounds, in On Crooked Creektt's 
Dining Room Christmas Day,
 for a buffet style Christmas dinner (noon) with our family!



Continuing with a simplistic decor for Christmas On Crooked Creektt,
I've set the table blending our Winter Woodland theme with our holly and ivy. 

* * * * * * *Tutorial * * * * * * *
I began with a hemstitch linen gingerbread hued tablecloth.

Next,
I placed our newly purchased dinner plates,
but found this tablescape needed a pop of color to bring out the festive vibe.



So~o~o. . .
I added my circular red Christmas place mats atop the tablecloth!



I fell, totally, in l o v e with those adorable Woodland dessert / salad plates
at our local Wal~Mart last year, but when I returned to purchase, 
they were $old out of the bunny motif.







However,
this year, I snatched them up as soon as I could!
"Mr. Ed" agreed, and we both adore 
how they set a festive air to our Christmas Tablescape!



A simple napkin fold of my ecru hemstitch linen cloth napkins
embellished with a red and white candy cane stripe ribbon
and a piece of faux holly and ivy tucked neatly beneath the bow
adorn our place settings.



Our everyday clear bubble glass stemware, 
and everyday Oneida flatware keep clean~up to a minimum.



A single stand of red beaded garland 
strewn across the center of the table and a simple centerpiece 
gives a touch of elegance to our dining table.







The centerpiece is simply composed 
of two sprigs of faux snow frosted evergreens
with ivy leaves and golden berries.

 I then inserted a few pics of holly and ivy
and some white beads taken from a single floral pic. 

The addition of two bleached pine cones continues the natural elements 
that are present within the pattern on the dinnerware.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


This is the view our son and daughter~in~law will see 
as they enter into our Galley Style Kitchen on Christmas Day.



The view as they enter into the Dining Room 
from our upper level Living Room.




Farmer boy,
city girl, son and daughter~in~law. . .
celebrating Christmas On Crooked Creektt!





Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .


Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday!



Be sure to visit each host and hostess
for inspiring decor ideas to use in your own home!


5 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Men are just more realistic than women it seems. Your setting looks cozy and inviting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Your table is so lovely! I have those dishes too! I got mine last year but only got service for 4. So I went back this year and the dinner plates are a little bit different but still are so sweet! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jewel Sauls said...

Beautiful table! I love the colors! Have a Merry Christmas!

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Love the red! Beautiful table Pat, just beautiful!! Merry Christmas!

Candy S said...

I love that Walmart pattern. The bunny is just perfect with the tree, they are so cute with the white dinner plate on the red palace mats, the red and green on the salad plate pops with it's marvelous holiday pattern. We used our Walmart plates a couple of weeks ago, they do make a very pretty tablescape.... Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and your family..... Candy