Monday, February 3, 2014

All The Pretty Dishes!

I know. . .
it's been a while since I've posted a tablescape.


Christmas On Crooked Creektt 2013


On Crooked Creektt the editing and purging 
have eliminated a lot of dinnerware in 2013.


Gone are the Gibson Sage Green dinnerware. . .
and soon to be Artland Chili Pepper dinnerware, too!


Gibson Sage Green Dinnerware
donated to local Thrift Shop.


Artland Chili Pepper Dinnerware.

Lately, I've been on the hunt for some "new" dishes. . .pretty dishes!

Pretty dishes for everyday. . .
like my everyday white porcelain dinnerware!

Perfect for serving just "Mr. Ed" and I. . .or a Dinner Group!






These versatile white dishes pair nicely with other vintage white plates 
stored in On Crooked Creektt's cupboards.

I adore how they are accentuated by my many place mats and napkins!






Often times, On Crooked Creektt,
I need to borrow the cups and saucers for serving tea. . .
as seen in my Progressive Christmas Tablescape for the Brunch Bunch.





Other times, these dishes have enough presence to stand on their own,
as seen in our Brunch Bunch Luncheon, Through The Garden Gate.



I've used these everyday porcelain whites 
to execute an elegant crystal and silver tablescape. . .









and to meet all~white tablescaping challenges with flair!









These hard working everyday porcelian whites 
blend harmoniously with my vintage Homer Laughlin and restaurant ware.



Equally, they compliment my various serving pieces On Crooked Creektt.





Searching locally turned up one option.
I purchased enough for two place settings.
Guess you could say, I'm getting use to the idea of "new" dishes.



Somewhat limited as far as the blending and mixing 
that I am accustomed to doing. 



But pretty dishes for everyday, none the less.

The purchase started with "the hunt" 
for a mug that would sit under my Keurig, a birthday gift from "Mr. Ed"!



It only took a few days until I was quite smitten 
with the feminine beading design.



The height of the mug is "perfect" 
under my Keurig for a 10 oz cup of coffee.
The over~size handle makes easy handling for arthritic hands, too.

So~o~o. . .
using my trio of the newest vintage collection On Crooked Creektt
of  Snowwhite Regency Johnson Brothers Ironstone 
Made In EnglandI set a Pear Tablescape!



I found this swirl pattern tea pot years ago, but recently found the creamer.









Yes, dear ones, the hunt continues for the sugar bowl. 
I wonder. . .does the bowl have a lid or is it without?
Does anyone know?



At a local store closing, I stumbled upon the oval serving bowl.

The oval serving bowl was a $4.50 purchase 
discounted 40% making its cost only $2.70 !!!

After being pleased with the coffee mug,
I purchased two dinner plates,
                      two salad/ dessert plates 
               and two oatmeal bowls for "Mr. Ed" and I 
to experiment with at our dining room table.









I adore the detailing on each and every piece!

However, I do wish they had cup and saucer instead of mugs. . .
and, I will tell you. . .they don't get along nicely with my everyday whites!



So~o~o. . .
while they do set a striking everyday tablescape, with a touch of flair,
for serving just "Mr. Ed" and I. . .
the question remains will I expand on this line of dinnerware?
On Crooked Creektt, the jury is still out!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining




Be sure to visit,
 for you will come away with inspiration 
for our own families dining experiences!

12 comments:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Good Evening Pat...you have such a wonderful talent, I can't pick a favorite! I love the classic black and white but I also love the look of the white on the silver chargers! I think you've found a new collection!

Marigene said...

You have a wonderful collection of beautiful dishes, Pat. I love white dishes, but I still have to have my colored ones, too. Let's face it, there aren't many dishes I don't like!
Are you gearing up for the big storm that is supposed to be hitting tonight? It started out to be 4"-6", now it is up to 12". Guess I will just have to wait until it stops snowing to see which prediction is closest.
Have a great week.

Miss Char said...

Pat, I call dibs on the blue, they are beautiful.

Martha said...

Love your new white dishes and yes, they do go so well with everything white! As to your sugar -- I found that the ENGLISH ones are small bowls without a lid . . . but not all for I've some English ones that DO have a lid! I like the lidless ones best! Your white table is so pretty with those lovely pears!

Alycia Nichols said...

I love these, but clearly you're not 100% satisfied with them for all the needs you anticipate. The shopping is part of the fun, though, so I have every confidence you'll be out there in the trenches having a ball!

The swirl teapot is really, really pretty! I hope you're able to find the sugar bowl to complete your set. I have lots of teapots but almost no cream & sugars. Isn't that crazy?

podso said...

they all are so pretty --but wondering what your final decision will be!

Sharlotte said...

Oh how I love the white...so basic and classic. Picking a favorite is too hard but I'm leaning towards the black and white.

Sharlotte said...

Oh how I love the white...so basic and classic. Picking a favorite is too hard but I'm leaning towards the black and white.

Jaybird said...

Wow.....I wish I could shop in the thrift store you donate to !!!!!
I too have been collecting white, but I chose Mikasa "Italian Countryside"...or rather it chose me. I found most of a set in a Historic Foundation tag sale :^) Someone gave it up because of the knife marks on the plates. Baking soda and a rag to the rescue and all is well!
Your tables are beautiful!!
Blessings,
J

Rhondi said...

You have such a great assortment of different shapes and sizes and I like that they are all white.

Unknown said...

I love your new white dishes! The teapot is very, very pretty! I guess I just love white. I too have been buying it when I see a few here and there. It seems just to go with everything. Good luck deciding what to do.
Blessings My Friend,

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...love the white beaded dishes. So simple and pretty.