Friday, January 3, 2020

Refining Taste. . .

Refining taste within On Crooked Creek's hutch
is in keeping with my love of a monochromatic color palette
with a touch of blue to showcase one of my limited collections. . .
blue delft.





























"Mr. Ed" made the upper hutch
to 'marry' with my beloved maternal Grandmother's buffet.


The upper hutch is made of pine.
The 1940~1950's buffet is made of oak.
The Golden Oak stain has served them well.



Until this first week of 2020,
the buffet / hutch combination has showcased
my heirloom Narumi Classic Rose Fine China.





But,
2020 On Crooked Creek
is all about bringing change that truly reflects our personal taste.

. . .and so, it begins!



Ever so often do I try to increase my collection
of this white swirl patterned Sheffield Bone White U. S. A. China.






I have a complete place setting for two. . .
one place setting for "Mr. Ed",
and one place setting for me!




 My limited collection of delft  is enhanced
by the ever~so~slight hue of blue in these bone china dishes.


I adore how the bone white china and the delft
are complimented by my heirloom Silver Coffee Set.






This PLEASANTON SESQUICENTENNIAL Commemorative Plate
was gifted to "Mr. Ed" and I, by my Sister's family, in observance
of our Fiftieth Anniversary.

The design of this commemorative plate was a combined effort
of the Sesquicentennial Committee and the K~12 Art Instructor
for the Pleasanton School district.

The back of the plate contains this message:

"Community is more than just a title;
it is a description of the unity of people living in a common geographical area,
sharing similar goals and aspirations.
The City of Pleasanton is more than a city; it is a community.
That is never more evident than when we come together to put on an event
that not only commemorates our history,
but also showcases our growth and our future."
                                                                Rocky Beltz

Rocky Beltz, my Sister's daughter, my niece.
This precious gift will always hold a special place in our hearts!




Whether I view this Sheffield Bone White China collection
from On Crooked Creek's Galley Kitchen, Dining Room or Living Room;
what I see is a collection of refining taste.


For my first change of 2020 On Crooked Creek,
I'd say this was an open and shut case.






Until next time. . .
                      Pat



A special 'thank you' to Marian, aka. Miss Mustard Seed,
for this inspiring styled cabinet.

4 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I love blue and and white in January. Love your blue deft cow creamer. Always enjoy seeing your hutch.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Pat! Oh, I just love your beautiful hutch and you've styled it most gorgeously! I have those white dishes too but I don't have the serving pieces! The little touches of blue and white are so pretty with it all. Take care, my friend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rocky Beltz said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the display. The simplicity of white against the warmth of the wood, accented with blue and silver is classic and elegant. Reminds me of you!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Very nice! Love the bright crisp look against your beautiful wood hutch. Happy New Year!