Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Natural and Neutral Christmas Color Palette!

Oh, how I love my skinny white flocked Christmas Tree On Crooked Creek!


Each year,
I try to change out the color palette for showcasing my collected ornaments.



This year,
I chose to use my natural wooden beads for the garland on the tree.
  


I adore how the natural wooden bead garland 
tones down the bronze and gold ornaments.

I, also,
added a few new natural, metal and white snowflakes to my collection.





I am quite thrilled
with how each new one blends with my collectibles from years past.




Another returning feature to On Crooked Creek's Christmas design,
is the placement of the wreaths within the windows surrounding the tree.





I, truly missed their presence at our windows
as I had omitted them for Christmas 2018 On Crooked Creek.





An On Crooked Creek Christmas Tradition
is not to place any presents under the Christmas Tree. . .
until after Candlelight Service on Christmas Eve.

So~o~o. . .
until then, I placed a vintage German Sled beneath our tree.




"Mr. Ed" and I purchased this sled in December of 1976
while stationed at Baumholder, W. Germany.





Oh, the stories this German sled could tell. .. if only it could talk!


I am still in awe
of how much the Angel that sits atop our Christmas Tree
l o o k s like me!

Perhaps, not from my photographs of today,
but while stationed at Fort Carson, Colorado,
I was the angel in the Christmas Pageant.



And, yes, we looked very m u c h alike.


Christmas 2019 On Crooked Creek with natural wooden beads,
with treasured bronze and gold ornaments and new and olden snowflakes
upon my skinny white flocked tree, are making our holiday bright.



Until next time. . .

No comments: