Friday, December 6, 2019

A Crooked Creek Christmas. . .


Christmas 2019 On Crooked Creek has taken on a more simplified appearance.

It would appear my 'ladder climbing days' will, in the near future,
become a 'thing of the past'. I've found that my degenerative arthritis
has progressed greatly in my spine and is causing limitations to movement.

Informing you, my family, friends and followers,
now makes this Christmas 'extra special' and I purposely chose
to begin my Christmas posts with the design atop my four drawer dresser.



The ' thrill of hope' flooded over my soul when I happened upon this
figurine of The Holy Family while shopping during our
Annual Trout Fishing Trip @ Bennett Spring State Park in Lebanon, MO.


I chose to use many of my favorite Christmas hymns
to surround this vignette in the keeping of the true meaning of the Season.



An evergreen wreath at the base of The Holy Family
sits atop and disguises a paper yellow pages directory
giving the needed height.


Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, It Came Upon A Midnight Clear,
O Little Town of Bethlehem, Silent Night 
and While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night 
fill the box and the top of the dresser.



The added petite cylinder lights remind me of the Candlelight Service
"Mr. Ed" and I attend each year.

As we sing the last verse,
the entire congregation raises our lit single candles
illuminating the entire Sanctuary with the light of Christ.



A Crooked Creek Christmas holding the precious meaning of this
holiest of Seasons, sends a thrill of hope to my very soul
that Christmas future will allow me to continue to decorate
our 1970's Ranch Style Home with all the design flair as I have in the past.


"Do not be afraid". . .found within the second chapter of the gospel of Luke
was read with such peace as I began the Luke Challenge December 1st.

As I chose my Word for 2019. . .
I did not want to choose the word hope.

Trusting God,
I obeyed . . . and now, I know in full what I had previously known in part.

Hope. . ."The Lord is my portion", says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him." Lamentations 3:24

May your hearts, minds and souls
be filled with the hope, peace, love and joy this Christmas.


Until next time. . .


2 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

The room looks lovely with all the dark green and sparkle. Hoping your Christmas is bright this year. xoxo Sharon.

Rita C at Panoply said...

Pat, your simplified version of Christmas celebration is in keeping with my closing comment on my home tour this year - we needn't worry so much about the perceived perfect Christmas. I'm glad you are aware of your situation and taking steps on your own to adjust life and living. That was a big factor in our downsize this year, being able to grow old in place. I am also taking the Luke challenge this month, enjoying it. Seasons blessings to you!