Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Indian Corn and Pumpkins!

On Crooked Creektt
                 Indian Corn  and Pumpkins,
                                                            do an Autumnal Front Porch make?



After searching our "hometown" to no availability, 
"Mr. Ed" and I decided to wait until our Annual Trout Fishing Vacation
to continue our search of acquiring the perfect white pumpkin for our front porch.



Previously,
On Crooked Creektt,
we had found the subtle green and orange pumpkins 
for a three~tier pumpkin stack.

Nearing the end of our vacation journey,
I spotted the perfect white pumpkin at a roadside stand.
"Mr. Ed" had to slow our vehicle, make a 180 degree U~Turn
and return to the roadside stand.



I was, truly, elated to find a flat white pumpkin!



I had planned to place the three~tiered pumpkin stack 
beside the Church birdhouse that "Mr. Ed"handmade,
but those pumpkins were so~o~o heavy that I quickly changed my mind.


Before. . .




. . .After

An entire re~arrange of On Crooked Creektt's front porch 
was needed to showcase my three~tiered pumpkin stack.



As you ascend the front steps, this is the view you'll find.










While you're waiting for me to answer the door,
please take a minute to enjoy Summer's sweet potato vines
now combined with Autumn's colorful pansies.





Another sweet potato vine variety with Traditional pansies
fills the space along our porch railing.





For added texture,
I used a subtle orange beaded gnarly garland 
to wrap around the three~tiered pumpkin stack.






I adore the ornamental kale combined with a silvery petite trailing leaf vine!
The miniature stripe pumpkin varieties were purchased in Lebanon, Missouri 
at the grocery store produce department.

The solid white 'boo' pumpkin was, oddly enough 
(when you consider size, weight and comparable cost), 
my most expensive pumpkin find!





I apologize for it taking me so long to answer our front door.
I've been busily unpacking from our vacation.






Again, I had to travel to our neighboring State to find Indian Corn,
but definitely worth the time and travel.

Seems our visits are never long enough.

Be sure to take another look around 
as you descend the stairs On Crooked Creektt.











On Crooked Creektt,
                           Indian Corn and Pumpkins 
                                                                           an Autumnal Front Porch do make!





Until next time. . .




On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .








Each and every week,
seeds of inspiration bloom from these host and hostesses linky parties.
Be sure to visit and delight your family dwelling with brilliant interior design.

14 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful as always. I always enjoy my visit with you.

Your pen pal,
Susan B

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hello Pat,
Oh your pumpkins are beauties!! Love that big white and it is perfect in your topiary arrangement. We finally found the mini baby boo white pumpkins, but not those beautiful green - blue - gray ones. So happy to see you found the Indian corn. It is always such a nice touch for this wonderful season!

Martha said...

You're pumpkin stack looks pretty. Glad you found your white one. I like the colors you chose -- even the orange one isn't as orange as some which goes well with the green and white. It's a wonderful fall arrangement -- everything you've done and so welcoming!

Marigene said...

Pat, those are such perfect pumpkins for your porch vignette. I love those muted colors.
This is the first year I haven't had the lime sweet potato vine...somehow I forgot to get a couple early on. They are one of my favorite pot plants.
Have a great week.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is all so festive! Your pumpkin stack is perfect. It all makes for a very pretty and welcoming display. Welcome back home!

Barb said...

Hi Pat, welcome back, dear one. Isn't it wonderful to get a way for awhile?

Your porch display is stunning. I love, love all the natural elements and the pumpkins are gorgeous. There is something about pumpkins that I just love....and the green and white ones are so pretty.

Just the right touches.....I truly love it all.

Thanks for all your sweet comments....you are so dear.

xo
Barb

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Perfect Pat! I'm glad you found the white pumpkin and it looks perfect with the others. I like them stacked on that stand. Love the kale too. I didn't see much this year or I wasn't in the right place at the right time. Glad you had a vacation and I truly hope you are feeling better these days.

Unknown said...

What pretty color pumpkins you found and everything is so nicely pulled together Pat. I love it!
Blessings friend,
Patti

Decor To Adore said...

I adore a man who makes U turns for pumpkins! :) You really did find some prized specimens and the display is enchanting. Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, I just love everything. So glad you found your pretty white pumpkin! I like how you've stacked them up. Your porch is very inviting. I just think the potato vine has the most gorgeous green ever. Have a great weekend.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Pat, I absolutely love it! I had plans to do two pumpkin stacks on each side of my porch in my two urns. This is the first year in quite a few that I could not find flat pumpkins. I guess I needed to travel to a nearby state. lol! I also have not seen any baby boos. Last year I grew my own and had lots. Didn't purchase any seeds this year and I missed them. I too love flowering kale. I moved a watering can with an overflowing sweet potato vine out onto my front porch. A few days later the deer had stripped it. Just too tempting I guess. Your porch looks so inviting and I love the corn on the door! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Maryrosespring said...

Really lovely photos, made my day!

Unknown said...

You've really captured the beauty of Fall! Just lovely! Take care, Cynthia

The Charm of Home said...

I love what you have done with the front porch! Just beautiful!