Saturday, October 18, 2014

Shoppin' The Ozarks. . .

During our Annual Trout Fishing Trip to Bennett Spring,
"Mr. Ed" and I always plan a "day trip" .
It's my retail therapy session.

This year, 
while enjoying the lovely Indian Summer weather,
we meandered South to the town of Ozark, Missouri.



Although, not our first stop~of~the~day,
I immensely enjoyed The Feathered Nest.

The Feathered Nest ~
An Eclectic Collection of Old and New Vintage Antiques~
Repurposed and One of a Kind. 

Each little area of this charming shop was set up similar to vendor booths.

This booth was a Harvest Table set for Autumnal gatherings.




Each detail was a favorite of mine,
beginning with the pears. . .



dried sunflower heads. . .
pumpkins of every shape, size and color. . .



vintage dinnerware. . .



musical score wrapped candles. . .



all combined with luminous overhead lighting. 



I stood in awe of this booth subtly adorned with Christmas fanfare!!!



The vintage typewriter with it's "Let It Snow"
had me ready to go home and pull out all my Christmas decor!



As I made my way through The Feathered Nest,
booth after booth, the simply gorgeous vignettes caught my eye.






Truly, 
I could have spent an entire day just photo shooting
the numerous wonders within this magnificent shop.

"Mr. Ed" caught some amazing Brown and Rainbow Trout,
but for me. . .it's all about the shopping!



Until next time. . .





5 comments:

Martha said...

Ozark is such an antiquers paradise! The black sideboard in our breakfast room came from one of those shops.

podso said...

I can see why this place made you happy, Pat! What beautiful things! I like that you have this annual trek!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, thank you for taking me along on your little trip. What a marvelous shop! I would have loved to have been there with you. Thank you so much popping in to see me living room and I kinda like the idea of roman shades! Sometimes it's so hard to know what to do.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

bj said...

Hi Pat...I love shops like this and could spend all day long...and have, many times. :)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Looks like a neat place. Hope you and Mr Ed enjoyed your get away!