Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Renegade Man. . .

He's a Renegade Man!

He has rejected the traditional method of Trout Fishing for a hostile one. 
This describes my renegade man perfectly!

While most at Bennett Spring State Park fish for Trout
where the water is calm or free flowing. . .



"Mr. Ed", my renegade man, chooses to be a bit more daring.

Fishing off the table ledge of the dam is known as
Renegade Fishing! 


Just climbing the rise from the sidewalk
to the table ledge involves a certain amount of risk taking.



Once atop the table ledge,
one must balance and steady themselves .



One wrong move and they will be taken swiftly off the ledge 
by the rapid moving current into the stream. 



But for those whom dare to fish in these rapidly moving waters,
the rewards far exceed the risk. . .so states, my renegade man.

"Mr. Ed" with his "Catch~of~the~Day" . . .
a Brown Trout weighing in at 3 lbs. 2 oz. and measuring 19 1/2" long.







One of the joys of catching this size Trout is the local recognition one receives. . .

Photos and recording of  "The Catch~of~the~Day" at the State Park. . .


and at Weaver's Tackle Store for the local Trout Talk Publication. . .







not to forget the Lunker Pins and badges from these establishments
and also, Larry's Sporting Goods Store!



The greatest reward is in the self satisfaction and the memories 
of another successful Trout Fishing Trip for my renegade man!


Until next time. . .


* * * * * * * FYI * * * * * * *
Dear Ones,
It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that "Mr. Ed",
my renegade man has suffered a stroke. 
He is currently taking Speech Therapy twice a week and 
he is scheduled to undergo right carotid surgery on October 30.
Your prayers on his behalf would be greatly appreciated during
this time of uncertainties.
With a grateful heart,
Pat
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

9 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Oh dear Pat, I am so sorry to hear about Mr Ed's stroke. Glad you know the cause, and the surgery will fix that so he won't have another. I am sorry you two are going through that. Perfect reason we have to cease the moment like Mr Ed with the renegade fishing. You will be in my thoughts and prayers next Thursday. Keep us updated. Hugs dear one

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Good for him! I guess anyone could do it the easy way right? Looks like he really was rewarded with quite the catch!
I hope he is doing better each day and that the upcoming surgery will put him in the safe zone.
Gotta get backout there and find the next big one!
Hugs, Liz

Unknown said...

Hi Pat. I truly hope Ed can soon return to his fishing. My thoughts are with you.

bj said...

My prayers are going up for your sweet, fishing man.
Please keep us informed...
hugs, bj`

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Pat! I'm going to show my fisherman your fisherman's catch!!
Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers...give Mr. Ed my best!

Sarah said...

Keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. This is a sweet post, Pat.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

so sorry for Mr. Ed's lapse in health. I know he will be feeling better soon and he will be back to fishing again. prayers are with you both.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I am praying for your dear Mr. Ed that he will have a successful surgery and successful therapy after the stroke. We will want to see pics of him back fishing at the CALM part of the river!!!!

Rita C at Panoply said...

Dear Pat,
It is with care and concern I write to let you know your husband and you are in my thoughts, and will continue to be through his upcoming surgery. My mother's companion had carotid artery surgery - twice! - in the last 5 yrs, successfully, and he will soon turn 90. May the hands of all the medical team be blessed as they work through Mr. Ed's weakened vessels to bring him to full recovery. Prayers!
Rita