Thursday, October 23, 2014

Boxin' Things Up. . .

Due to "Mr. Ed's" recent stroke and upcoming surgery,
a joint decision has been made not to participate 
in the 20th Annual Unique Antique Market~Fall Show~.



So~o~o. . .
as I was boxin' things up
I did a re~arrange of the lower level Family Room
in preparation of Christmas On Crooked Creektt.



Previously, 
I had moved my heirloom dining room table to the front of the fireplace 
in the Family Room placing it strategically closer to Studio One.




As merchandise for our Bits 'n Pieces Booth was completed,
I could easily place it on the table for pricing.

To keep the fireplace as our main focal point within the Family Room,
I began by moving the seating area into a configuration
designed for free flowing conversation.

By turning the sofa into a floating position,
I allowed for a separate Dining area within the Family Room. 


By placing my primitive red desk in the designated Dining area,
I now have a space that can be used for serving desserts.



Keeping the table top decor to a minimum allows for dessert plates,
napkins, flatware. . .and of course, dessert!



I removed the extension leaf from the heirloom Dining table
and placed seating on either side of the table for four.



This arrangement allows for movement within the area
for our family and guests during dining or table games.





Before boxing up the centerpiece, table runner and vintage spools
for our 2015 Bits 'n Pieces Fall Booth,
I decided to display them one last time on our dining room table.


Just beyond the table you can see our green folding screen
which cleverly disguises all the merchandise inventory. 

Boxin' things up. . .
allows "Mr. Ed" and I to concentrate on his upcoming surgery and recovery.


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .


Jody and Stan @ Simple and Sweet Fridays!

Be sure to visit each of these amazing host and hostesses
for you'll be filled with inspiring ideas for your own home decor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Everything looks so pretty. Love the box filled with fall! I'll be praying for Mr. Ed and his up coming surgery and for you too. It's so hard to see our loved ones go through these kinds of things. You take care of yourself too. Keep us posted.
Blessings,
Shelia ;)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I can understand your decision to put off the sale at the antique market. Sometimes you just have to re-prioritize. Your box is decorated so nicely! I wish I was closer and could assist you to help you sell your goods so you wouldn't have to be there. Keeping you in my thoughts and praying for Mr. Ed's full recovery. Take care, Liz

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Sorry you are going to miss it after all your hard work...but you have to get that Renegade man back to his normal self! The centerpiece is so pretty, love how you used somethings like the spools etc.
Saying my prayers for Mr Ed and you dearest friend

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Hope all goes well with surgery. Keeping it simple does allow for more time to play and heal and think of how much easier changing to the new season will be.