Monday, September 1, 2014

Fanfare of Autumnal Hues. . .

Autumn is my  f a v o r i t e  Season of the year!!!

So~o~o . . .
On Crooked Creektt I'm embracing my Traditional Roots
to bring you a Fanfare of Autumnal Hues!




Sage green,
           yellow and gold,
                         burnt orange and red
                                           combined with khaki and cream 
                                                       grounded with brown and black 
are the amazing shades of Autumn chosen this year to highlight our home decor.


Heading off this festive fanfare
is the built~in china cabinet in On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room.



Keeping the dinnerware, platters and urns
in a consistent creamy ivory and white color palette 
allows the hues of the Autumnal Season to be accentuated.

First, 
I emptied the built~in china cabinet of the Bordallo Pinheiro Collection.
(See Interlude In Green for the before here.)

Then,
I began filling the china cabinet 
using favorite pieces from my collections 
that were in keeping with this year's color palette.










The left side completed,
I began styling the right side of the cabinet.











I chose crisp and subtle Autumnal hues against the dark mahogany cabinetry.
A simplistic, yet symmetrical, arrangement quite pleasing to the eye.

































I followed an inspirational photo from my resource file 
of a counter top vignette styled by Nell Hill's 
for the counter top beneath the china cabinet.










This is the first time my trio of lidded pottery jars
has left On Crooked Creektt's Kitchen counters!

My vignette includes a vase of faux Gingersnap Roses
and the addition of a bowl of faux pears 
combined with two red guest towels.


Photo courtesy of Nell Hill's.




Although it's still weeks away from Autumnal Solstice. . .
On Crooked Creektt the Fanfare of Autumnal Hues has begun
by simply using the amazing shades of Autumn.


Sage green,


yellow and gold


burnt orange and red.


these combined with khaki and cream 
                                                       grounded with brown and black 
in On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room built~in china cabinet.








Until next time. . .




On Crooked Creektt will be joining. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .


Be sure to visit each of these amazing host and hostesses 
for inspiring decor ideas for your own home!



10 comments:

LORY said...

Lovely vignettes! I'm really feeling the whites and creams mixed in to lighten the fall palette this year. Your pumpkin ceramics are gorgeous too - both the orange one and the creamier one. Very inspiring... :-)

Lory
Designthusiasm.com

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Pat, your vignettes are lovely! I love mixing white and cream accents with the beautiful hues of autumn! Your interpretation of Nell Hill's vignette is wonderful! You have done a beautiful job.

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

The fall vignettes are so pretty. I especially like the white pottery and the roses.

podso said...

It's always lovely at your house Pat. I too like the mix of the cream and white. it's hard to believe summer is about over, isn't it?

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Everything looks so pretty! Fall is in full swing around my home (even though we are still in triple digit heat). I love the little pumpkin teapot -- I need one of those because I already have that cute creamer and sugar!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Great colors added to your white. I started getting the itch today to do some fall decorating. Next weekend my girlfriends and I are headed off to a broom corn festival!

bj said...

O, I am using my white ironstone pitchers on my mantel right now and love it. I'm not quite ready for fall but will add a little fall color to the white a little later.
Your displays are wonderful...things looking good there on Crooked Creek.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Love the touches and detail you did...It's elegant and timeless. Great job!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh how I love white on white as they say and your vignettes are gorgeous, just with the right touch of early Autumn. I agree it's so elegant my friend. Crooked Creek is always such a beautiful place to visit.
Have a great week ahead.
FABBY

Rita C at Panoply said...

Pat, I really like what you've done with your cabinet space here for the coming of fall. Just really nice, little subtle hints make more of a statement to me than in-your-face kinds of things. Now that my basement is organized, I may try to arrange a few things around the house that will carry through Thanksgiving. Then there is the barn sale to get ready for at month's end, and garden to put to bed.....{sigh}
Have a great week.
Rita