Monday, August 25, 2014

Singles or Pairs? ? ?

Why,
        oh why, 
               do I do it  e v e r y t i m e ? ? ?



Inevitably,
     e v e r y t i m e,
                           I find either the 
                             creamer o r the lidded sugar bowl.




It's not often that I find a matching pair.





I absolutely adore this vintage pattern dinnerware.


It's soft, subtle creamy ivory hue. . .



it's la' petite oval design. . . 



makes my heart ^sigh^ !


I began collecting these ethereal pieces of dinnerware just last year.




Each time "Mr. Ed" and I peruse the Antique and Flea Markets,
I search for additional pieces!

So~o~o. . .
                    for now, 
                           I'll be content with the beginnings
                                     of a new collection On Crooked Creektt!




Ever watchful in the near future for the matching creamer to appear.



Inevitably hopeful that it will surface     
                     and take this lidded sugar bowl 
                                       from a single to a pair!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining. . .



And. . .


And. . .




Be sure to visit each of these amazing host and hostesses 
for inspiring decor ideas for your own home!

7 comments:

Patty Marker said...

What a pretty pattern. I love it. And nothing like the search for a new piece to add to your collection.

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Your sugar bowl and creamer are so pretty. There is something so classy about white, or cream ware.

Helen's Decor said...

China and crystal are too tempting for me. I enjoy looking at it these days, as I had to quit buying until I give away some of it.

Thanks for sharing your lovely pattern, too.

Helen

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

How pretty, Pat! Love the way you have everything displayed. How fun to start a new collection. It's all about the thrill of the hunt!

bj said...

The starting of your collection is very nice, Pat. One of my favorite collections is my lidded, handled sugar bowls. White, of course.:)
It is always fun to find white dishes of any kind but especially, for me, white sugar bowls *with handles and lids, if possible) and white pitchers,large and creamers.
When we moved, I gave quite a few little creamers to my girl...I've started another collection of them and already have a nice supply. hahhaa...ain't life grand.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Looks like my Grandma's Johnson Bro dishes? I have some in the white and then the white with gold trim.
Love the serving pieces, so pretty just goes with everything! now you just have the thrill of hunting for the mate!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

wonderful looking dishware. Hope you find the mate during your shopping.