Sunday, April 5, 2020

Simply Easter. . .

I wasn't going to bring out the Easter decor. . .
my heart just wasn't in it.


I wanted to keep it stored away. . .
until my World was 'right', once again.


Only,
my World isn't right. . .
and while I do believe it will be. . .my heart is heavy.


But then,
my fellow bloggers gently reminded me that Easter is coming. . .
and suddenly, I didn't want to miss it!


Keeping it simply Easter,
I placed a faux boxwood and berry wreath beneath the oatmeal bowl
of my Hearth and Hand everyday dinnerware.


A freshly ironed blue and white tablecloth and napkins
makes for a refreshing backdrop for my place setting.

Using faux flora,
I brought in the more cheerful hues in the color palette
from On Crooked Creek's Gardens of green, purple, white and yellow.










Little~by~little,
my heart felt lighter. . .my World a bit righter.




The contrast of the whimsical vivid orange patterned fabric carrots
against the veridis hued wall pockets wholeheartedly uplifted me!


Easter is coming!

While it may appear different in 2020,
I believe, in my heart, it will be even more meaningful,
for me, than it has ever been before.


A 'special' Thank You to the Ladies in The Land of Blog!
Thank you fellow bloggers for gently reminding me that Easter is coming!




Until next time. . .
                         Pat  

P.S. Honestly, I have been struggling with being away from my Church Family.
        I was thinking ahead to all the festivities and Holy Week events of Worship
        that lead from Palm Sunday to Easter.

     Today, Palm Sunday,
     our Church held its first 'social distancing' Holy Communion.


     As directed by our Pastor(s),
     "Mr. Ed" and I prepared the Sacraments
     and placed them on the desk in our Home Office On Crooked Creek.


     "Mr. Ed" broke the bread and poured the wine (grape juice).
      I served.
      My heart was blessed by this 'perfect' act in a perfectly imperfect location.

     While I was preparing our lunch, I heard a "thud" at the front door.
     "Mr. Ed" , thinking it was the neighbors shared Sunday newspaper,
      found instead, a Palm Branch!



     The story of Jesus Triumphant Entry into Jerusalem
     is printed on the paper and signed, inhisname.


     Blessings arrive.
     They are richly and abundantly bestowed to those who believe.

     May you and yours have a blessed 2020 Easter!


3 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Pat, thank you for your walk through the rituals. I feel your dismay and desire to get back to normal. Sometimes for me "normal" just doesn't seem to ever be attainable again. I was just looking for an apartment near my daughter and family to help me start feeling like I was getting on my feet again when all this hell broke loose. Trying to keep my head up while we walk through this storm together. Miss Wild Bill so much, but trying to keep looking forward, not back.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Your Easter decorating is so sweet. I’m glad you pushed forward and did some decorating since we must somehow find joy in each day. Love those bunnies! Perhaps more than ever tv will unite us all on Easter Sunday with gathering to hear services held for Easter. There is light at the end of this tunnel!

FABBY'S LIVING said...


What a beautiful and sweet table. I love the flowers and lovely dishes too.
Your Easter decor around your home is so lovely too.
Keep safe and happy sweet friend.
Happy Easter.
Fabby