Saturday, April 18, 2020

NEW Spring Wreath. . .Tutorial

Staying home. . .staying safe. . .
                                                           does have its advantages!

Needing a change of scenery On Crooked Creek,
I spent some time in my creative space, Studio One.


Which resulted in a new Spring Wreath for On Crooked Creek's Front Door.


Come in,
and I'll take you through the process of changing my Christmas Wreath
into a refreshed and refined Spring Wreath On Crooked Creek!

* * * * Tutorial* * * * * 
Once I had taken off the red and white ticking stripe bow and ribbon,
I removed all of the faux evergreen pics.


Using what was in my storage tubs for Spring Florals,
I began with a wispy, faux green fern garland.


Once I had attached it with green florist's wire,
I began with a subtle color palette similar to On Crooked Creek's Gardens
of green, purple, white and soft buttery yellow.





I began at the bottom,
then moved to the top of the wreath and then to the right side,
using some Dollar Tree pics of green, and white flora
with soft buttery yellow berries.




Fairly satisfied with the flora placement,
I began filling in with random pics in white.







A few pics of lavender and several pops of a more vibrant yellow
gave the right balance of color I was seeking.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Spending time in Studio One was exactly what I needed for a change of pace.

Staying home. . .staying safe. . .
                                                            definitely has its advantages!



On Crooked Creek reaps the benefit of "social distancing"
of a new Spring Wreath for our front door!



Until next time. . .
                                 Pat

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, your wreath is so pretty. I love how you have two places for the flowers. That's a very nice look. I pray you and Mr. Ed are staying safe and sound. Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

FABBY'S LIVING said...


What a pretty wreath dear Pat. I should try making one for my door, to welcome people, although, no one is coming lately, lol..
Course, our daughter and her family does, that's plenty for now.
I always pray at our Rosary gatherings for everyone I know and the world itself.
I want life to be back to normal again. My hubby says he can understand younger people wanting to open up their businesses and go back to work as well.
We're retired, but he says he can totally understand, he'd be going crazy had he still had he's ceramic factory.
Very difficult times and tough too.
Keep safe.
Fabby

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Pat! Always nice to have your cheery comments! I hope you are doing well. Clicking your comment icon takes me to your old blog address. I'm glad you had your current link in your profile because I knew you had one! Hope your holding up in your peaceful place! Hugs J.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Stopping by to say hi. Getting back to blogging again. Missed your posts.

Rev. Fr. Kevin Doran said...

WELCOME TO CONSUMER LOAN FIRM .......... Are you a businessman or a woman? Are you in any financial mess or do you need funds to start your own business? Do you need a loan to start a small-scale pleasant and medium business? Do you have a low credit score and are you finding it difficult to obtain equity loan from local banks and other financial institutes? Our loans are well insured for maximum security is our priority, Our main goal is to help you get the services you deserve, Our program is the fastest way to get what you need in a snap. Reduce your payments to ease the pressure on your monthly expenses. Gain flexibility with which you can use for any purpose - holiday, education, for exclusive purchases We offer a wide range of financial services, which includes: Business Planning, Commercial and Financial Development, Properties and Mortgages, Debt Consolidation Loans , Private Loans, Home Refinancing Loans with low interest rate at 2% per annul for individuals, companies. WE OFFER ALL TYPE OF LOANS, APPLY TODAY FOR AVAILABLE LOANS. Please contact us via email for more information: (consumerloanfirm@gmail.com)

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

How are you Pat? Wondering if you are going to post again? Sugar

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Pat,
I love your beautiful wreath. I am loving yellow again, it used to be my favorite color but had it in my house for so long years ago, that I sort of ventured away from it, but the last few years it has been making my heart sing again. The colors in your wreath really look so pretty on your wood door too.
Enjoy..........it looks so springy....
Blessings,
Nellie

Yakshita said...

Thank you for posting such a great article! It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work

IFHRMS, IFHRMS LOGIN

Capital said...

I think that you could do with some pics to ?rive the message home a little bit,