Friday, March 27, 2020

Restaurant. . .Dining In!

Currently, our county is under a 'stay~at~home' order.
Restaurants have closed to dining in.
Carry~out or take~out, only.


So~o~o. . .
using my vintage restaurant dinnerware,
I set the Dining Room table On Crooked Creek for. . .Dining In!


My maternal grandmother owned and operated Ford's Cafe
during the late 1940's and early 1950's.

When Grandmother  Susie Ford passed away,
her personal belongings were divided among the family.


I didn't receive any of her restaurant ware. . .
but, I have spent many years collecting the similar pattern
from various flea markets and antique shops.



Spring cleaning within On Crooked Creek's Galley Style Kitchen
and Dining Room seemed to be the perfect combination with our
'stay~at~home' order and dining in.




Although I've used modern day tablecloth, placemats and napkins,
the vintage intricate white overlay cloth is also my Grandmothers.


Everyday Oneida flatware and Libby glassware complete each place setting.




These adorable vintage pepper and salt "chick" shakers from Japan
"peep" to us that Spring has arrived On Crooked Creek.



Oh, yes!
While I didn't inherit any of Grandmother Susie Ford's restaurant ware
from her Ford's Cafe, I did inherit her 1950's Dining Room Table and Buffet!



The perfect spot to set the heirloom table for "Mr. Ed" and my. . .Dining In!


Until next time. . .
                            Pat


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, I love your pretty table setting and I would love to sit there with you, if we weren't self quarantined! The restaurant ware is some good quality dinnerware. I almost started collecting the white with blue ribbon around it years ago and then something else caught my eye. Continue staying safe, my friend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is such a pretty white table! I love the layered linens of course. I'm wanting things to be extra nice these days. Stay well!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Pat, it was fun to dine in with you and learn bout your relative. I love that restaruant ware and have that cup and saucer myself. Hope we get released soon.

Aditi Gupta said...

They are really nice article shared! Thanks for sharing us. Buy Instagram Followers In India

moumita said...

These are amazing and valuable knowledge information because of useful for me, thank you so much for share this wonderful article. Jaipur Top 10 Restaurants