Thursday, November 7, 2019

Vintage Snowman Entry. . .


 l o v e Snow!

























 I absolutely  l o v e these adorable vintage appearing Snowmen!


Yes!
Christmas On Crooked Creek 2019 has begun!


This year's design will be filled to the brim with 
stars, snowflakes and snowmen!


Three years ago,
"Mr. Ed" and I took a Road Trip to The Pioneer Woman Mercantile
in Pawhuska, Oklahoma.

We had an extra hour before we began our return trip On Crooked Creek.
Being a bit adventurous, within a block of The Pioneer Woman Mercantile
we found the most amazing Gift Shop containing French inspired decor accessories.


 As soon as I saw that face, I was quite smitten!
To find this Snowman in vintage silver and gold
with a a stove top hat and a short, fat bow made my heart skip a beat!

Then. . .
there was the companion Snowman and I knew these two
Snowmen would find a new home On Crooked Creek.


Miniature silver snowflakes strung with gift wrapping twine
atop the vintage gray hued hinged shutters make a Winter welcoming backdrop.

My gently shaken snowglobe adds a chilling aspect
atop the creamy white, silver and gold snowflake table runner.


Purchased at the same Gift shop are the wire bottle brush gold glitter trees.

The white carnation, silver magnolia leaf and gold pomegranate pic
purchased locally brings added softness to this vintage snowman vignette.


Wrapped loosely around the gold glitter wire bottle brush trees
is a three foot strand of led dewdrop lights from the $3 bin @ Target.


Whether viewed from On Crooked Creek's Galley Style Kitchen. . .


or from the upper level Living Room. . .


On Crooked Creek's vintage snowman entry is filled to the brim with 
stars, snowflakes and snowmen!


Until next time. . .

3 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a beautiful display! You know how I love a white Christmas! The snowmen are so adorable. I have been unpacking a few decorations. Hope to be decked out by Thanksgiving.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Pat, your vintage style decor is beautiful. You have real luck finding the perfect pieces. I’m planning to skip Thanksgiving decorations and just go right into Christmas too.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Very pretty! Love the shutters for a backdrop and the snowmen are very unique! I haven't begun my Christmas deco yet but with all this snow we've been getting I might just get started to occupy my time!