Monday, June 24, 2019

My Favorite Things. . .2019 June, Vol.6


Lavender is one of My Favorite Things within
On Crooked Creek's Garden!

I adore its heady aroma!



With all of our extreme rain totals and cooler Spring weather,
"Mr. Ed" and I have been waiting for the Lavender to bloom.




























My favorite way to harvest On Crooked Creek's Munstead Lavender
is to cut it and place it into my vintage French Gathering Basket.



Almost two weeks later than in our Lavender Harvest past,
the blooms began to open. 

The air within the Garden was filled with its heady perfume.




In less than an hour,
"Mr. Ed" and I had filled the French Gardening Basket with Lavender!



Oh, my goodness,
the most enchanting heavenly scent that I could ever imagine!

I had made a unique purchase recently
just for the purpose of drying lavender bundles within Studio One.

I am told it was originally a portion of a vintage shoe cart.



It works perfectly for hanging and drying of this years Lavender Harvest.


Most of the Lavender harvested On Crooked Creek
is turned into Lavender Sachets for family and friends.



Some is tied into bouquets and given as gifts.


In years past,
I have used Lavender within my tablescapes.












Whether fresh from On Crooked Creek's Garden
or dried within Studio One,
Lavender is one of My Favorite Things!




Until next time. . .

2 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

beautiful, I can almost smell that amazing fragrance! How wonderful that you found that perfect rack for drying. Just read your last post. Congrats on your 50th anniversary. Looks like you had such a wonderful spot!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

That was quite a gathering of lavendar! I can just about smell how good they are!