Saturday, November 17, 2018

Christmas Preview. . .

Inspiration for the 2018 Celebration of Christmas On Crooked Creek
arrives many months before the actual Season approaches!


. . .and it comes from many different sources.
























While enjoying our Annual Trout Fishing Trip
to Bennett Spring State Park, "Mr. Ed" and I
take one day and go shopping in Ozark, MO.

I adore an amazing Shoppe called Boomland Square!
. . .and I am often fortunate enough to see a preview
of their Christmas decor as it arrives at their Shoppe.




This year, as I began preparing the tabletops for 
our Celebration of Christmas On Crooked Creek,
I knew I wanted to reproduce this vignette styled
by the amazing Staff and designer extraordinaire,
owner Judie Reeves Pittman.


As I began prepping the surfaces, 
I lay out all the elements for reproducing
my version of this tabletop vignette.




I did try the lamp to the other side of the table,
but with the three corn planter disks
needed the lamp in this area to fill in a voided area.




Above my vintage sewing machine cabinet
hangs an incredible photo of a Winter Waterfall Scene.
Contained within that photo are the faces of five wolves.


Before:


After:


I did use some of "Mr. Ed's" deer sheds.
The bits of  greenery and pine cone sprigs used
were purchased @ Boomland Square in my past visits.
A few additional pine cones inserted were those from Colorado.


Before:




After:


This is the view of the vintage sewing machine cabinet
as viewed from On Crooked Creek's Dining Room.

Before:

After:



I am quite pleased with how "Mr. Ed's" Gray Box
completes this tabletop vignette for our
2018 Celebration of Christmas On Crooked Creek.



After:


This is the view from my comfortable chair and matching ottoman.


Before:


























After:


Remember,
inspiration can 'strike' at any given moment throughout the year.


As it did with me on an Annual Trout Fishing Trip
. . .and an Annual Shopping Trip to Boomland Square!




With a few items recently purchased
. . .and a few items from my Christmas containers,
"Mr. Ed's" gray box, a few deer sheds and some Colorado pine cones
I am quite pleased with this tabletop vignette!













Until next time. . .



2 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hey you're back! So glad you got things going again! I love your arrangement. That woodsy look is my favorite this year. I got some antlers this year to poke into my decorating too. Happy Thanksgiving dearie!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I love Rustic Christmas and your display is wonderful. Like the idea of deer sheds instead of horns as it denotes natural process.