Monday, October 15, 2018

Reflections. . .


Although the hues in On Crooked Creek's Guest Room
remain a cool monochromatic palette,
it is my hope that the reflection of comfort and warmth
will be felt within one's body and soul during your stay.


The warmth of the sun shining through the Eastern window
keeps those ivory hues filled with a warm glow.


Nightstands, on either side of On Crooked Creek's Guest Room bed,
offer a variety of home decor books and pleasurable reading material
during your overnight or extended stay.



Earlier this Autumn,
I switched out the vases, refreshed the faux silk greenery
and added French Silk Ribbons to the set of vintage keys.


This crystal vintage glass duo frame
holds the most adorable sepia toned prints
that I can not bear to remove.


Freshly laundered linens, always soothing to one's soul,
have been placed upon the bed for your comforting slumber.


Another addition of French Silk Ribbons
has been placed on the handle of my handmade button basket pillow.


This nightstand showcases a few nostalgia items.
My MoMa, Carmen's High School photo, in a mid~century frame,
along with a pair of baby shoes similar to those worn by both my sons.


The silver-plate tray in this vignette
is a great spot for guest to place their cell phone.


The vintage Baby Ben alarm is a working clock
and a vital piece to this vintage vignette. 


The reflection seen here
is a glimpse  of the Western side of On Crooked Creek's Guest Room.


My heirloom vintage oak secretary
stores extra linens and floral stationery and stamps
for our Guest use during their stay.

The shadow boxes showcase "Mr. Ed's" fathers (and his) christening gown
and my MoMa's baby dress, hand stitched by my maternal grandmother.


A Northern Exposure window allows ample light
to lighten and brighten On Crooked Creek's Guest Room.

These photos were taken on a 'rainy day'.


Cool, monochromatic palette,
illuminated with rays of warmth 
and filled with all the comfort needed to rejuvenate ones body and soul 
anxiously await our guests in On Crooked Creek's Guest Room.


Until next time. . .


2 comments:

bj said...

I would so be comfortable in your sweet guest room....
I am so glad you are back blogging. What in the world happened to your blog??
ANYway, so glad to be able to see your pretty home again and visit with you.
and how funny that I posted about you and my copycat of your basket at just the time you are back.....xoxoxo

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Oh my dear friend, so glad to see you around my blog this morning, you made my day ! I sure miss you too.
I love your beautiful and serene guest room. Lucky guests.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Fabby