Thursday, September 17, 2015

Shades of White. . .

Still quite a challenge for me,
I am getting a 'tad' bit braver 
at designing and creating my own floral arrangements.




Beginning in January 2015,
"Mr. Ed" and I started the renewal 
of On Crooked Creektt's 1970's Ranch Style Home.


January 2015

While we switched out some furniture 
from the lower level Family Room up to the upper level Living Room (here),
I still was using the same art work and floral from the previous design.

Continuing with our  2015's Project #5 (here)came the change of paint color. 
I absolutely adore Sherwin~Williams Sandbar hue in the upper level living areas! 
A soft neutral taupe which changes from taupe~to grey~to green 
depending on the time of day and the type of weather.


April 2015

Once this paint went on, I knew I had to change out the art work 
above the heirloom vintage sewing machine cabinet. 
This print of snow~capped mountains and waterfall is one of my favorites.


April 2015

While the faux Shasta Daisies and the blooming faux tree branches
worked from Spring~to~Summer, I wanted some Shades of White
that would work through On Crooked Creektt's  entertaining Holiday schedule.


September 2015

During the heat of Summer,
"Mr. Ed" and I found these Cherry Blossom stems, Magnolia Bush blossoms
and Curly Willow branches on a fantastic $ale at our local Kirklands.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


My purchases were:
* Three Magnolia Bush Stems.
* Four Cherry Blossom Stems.
* Three Curly Willow Branches



First,
I set up the card table in Studio One 
and filled it with all the necessary floral pieces.

Next,
I had "Mr. Ed" remove the decorative cones from the wall.
I hung them using an "S" hook on the primitive cabinet door.






Then,
I began with filling the largest cone with the Curly Willow branch
and one of the Magnolia Stems.



Next,
I added the second Magnolia Bush stem and the second Curly Willow branch. . .



Followed by two of the Cherry blossom stems.


The largest cone contains:
Two Curly Willow branches.
Two Cherry Blossom stems
Two Magnolia Bush stems.

I followed the same procedure for the smaller of the decorative cones.




The smaller cone contains:
One Curly Willow branch.
One Cherry Blossom stem.
One Magnolia Bush stem.









Once "Mr. Ed" re~hung them on the Living Room wall,
I spread some of the Magnolia Bush blossoms to fill the void spaces in the cones.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



I adore how the Shades of White compliment the art work
and will transition easily into On Crooked Creektt's  
2015 Holiday color palette!



Until next time. . .




On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .





Each and every week,
seeds of inspiration bloom from these host and hostesses linky parties.
Be sure to visit and delight your family dwelling with brilliant interior design.


7 comments:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hello Sweet Pat!!
The room looks so pretty and your arrangements are just perfect! Going to peek around a bit, I know I missed a lot!

Susan Freeman said...

For someone who considers herself challenged, I think you are doing a great job! Come over to my house and help me!!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Wow! I find this all just gorgeous! My happy colors! Your arrangements are wonderful!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Your arrangements look beautiful! I love Kirklands and when they have sales, PLUS you have a coupon it is fabulous!!! You did a great job, Pat.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Very pretty Pat. The white flowers look great and the whole wall design looks perfect with the chairs.

podso said...

I'd say your bravery has paid off. Those arrangements are great and look wonderful on your wall.

annies home said...

very pretty love the wall design
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com