Friday, April 24, 2015

A Touch Of Flora. . .

While painting the built~in china cabinet 
in On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room,
I took some time to experiment with the many dishes from within the cabinet.

I was amazed to find a hint of blue 
tucked inside the flora pattern of my European China Coffee Set!


So~o~o. . .
while waiting for the paint to dry,
I set a vignette atop the cabinet for a possible touch of flora tablescape.


Oddly enough,
the thought to mix my Homer Laughlin Aqua dinnerware 
with my Winterling Bavaria Porcelain China had never crossed my mind.


Who would have thought one would find such joy in waiting for paint to dry???

I located a faux potted fuchsia ranunculus in Studio One, my creative space,
and added some white beads and additional green flora to mimic the 
design with the porcelain china Coffee Set for the centerpiece.




I placed the terra cotta pot
inside a fluted France Revol bowl and flanked it on either side 
with my beloved maternal Grandmother's crystal candlesticks.

I used sage green marbled ROOT candlesticks 
surrounded by petite white beaded candle / napkin rings
to keep consistency and to extend the centerpiece.



By placing my everyday white porcelain dinner plates as a charger,
I added my vintage Aqua Homer Laughlin dinner plate next,
then finished with the  Winterling Bavaria Porcelain dessert plate.



I adore using my crystal salt cellars and with every opportunity,
incorporate them into my tablescape.

Soft aqua linen napkins held with white beaded napkin rings
accentuate the femininity of this touch of flora tablescape.

The heirloom silver flatware is from my beloved Mother~in~law.
I adore the delicate, petite floral WM Rogers pattern!



Rose etched crystal stemware atop silver and crystal coasters
bring sophistication with the continuation of the touch of flora theme.

Petite, demitasse cup and saucer await robust Colombian Coffee
as a beverage of choice with our dessert.



On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room
exudes a refreshed, renewed ambiance using a touch of flora.



From tablescape ~to~ built~in china cabinet,
a touch of flora for On Crooked Creektt's Dining Room. . .
it's a g o o d  t h i n g!




Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .


And. . .



And. . .




Each and every week,
seeds of inspiration bloom from these host and hostesses linky parties.
Be sure to visit and delight your family dwelling with brilliant interior design.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your combination of the dishes, Pat! So pretty and how delicate the patterned ones are! I'm loving seeing your new painted areas. Hope you're doing well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marigene said...

Pat that is a beautiful combination of plates...look like they were made for each other. I get all giddy when I find something unexpected that looks good together!
Looks like this side of the prairie is in for a storm today!
Have a great weekend.

podso said...

Sooo pretty. I love that blue and your napkin rings--mmmm. The flowers look great too. All while waiting for paint to dry! Have a good weekend, Pat.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

your table looks so inviting. Love the colors, I'm getting tired of my all white stuff.

Martha said...

A very pretty table. Love your German china and pairing it with those other two patterns is brilliant!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Beautiful dishes, love that shade of blue!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Very pretty Pat! Love the dish mix you chose- the blue looks wonderful! Great fun while the paint was drying!

bj said...

ahhh, combining your pretty dishes really made a beautiful table.
Hugs

Karen @ karensuponthehill said...

Simply beautiful and so ladylike Pat!
Thank you so much for sharing on Something to Talk About!
Karen