Friday, July 11, 2014

Lighting My World. . .

The Gardens On Crooked Creektt are awakening with vibrant color!

So~o~o. . .
I'm lighting my world with color! ! !




Old World Traditional Decor was what I first chose 
when "Mr. Ed" and I arrived On Crooked Creektt.

I adore the warmth of the golds, reds and sage greens, 
derived from Nature, in my home design here on the Prairie.




I've combined those hues with the dark walnut trim,
blending of vintage furniture pieces and burnished brass lighting fixtures
to create a comfortable design within our 1970's Ranch Style Home.




On Crooked Creektt
our Living Room shares both Northern and Western exposures. 

To embrace the warmth of our golden sunsets, 
we chose Sherwin~Williams Cupola Yellow Satin Paint
which surrounds the room in radiant warmth.




When experiencing grey days darkened by cloud cover,
warm glowing rays are evident through artificial lighting.




After an extremely lengthy and harsh Winter on the Prairie,
I adore the revitalization the red hydrangea 
brings to On Crooked Creektt's Living Room.




Skies On Crooked Creektt were dark 
and filled with clouds swirling past my windows during this photo session.

I am ever so grateful for the continual rain we've experienced
this Summer, which are keeping the Gardens green and lush.


One might not guess that we are enjoying a Summer down pouring of rain,
for it appears I've captured the 
Spirit of On Crooked Creekt's Gardens within my conservatory.




On Crooked Creektt, I'm chasing away those grey skies 
by lighting my world with color.



Until next time. . .


* * * FYI * * *
Dear Ones,
I've been missing in action over the past few weeks.
Please bear with me as I make extra visits to spend
as much time as possible with my wonderful 92 year old Dad.

I am continually blessed by your Blog Friendship
and appreciate all your prayers on Dad and my families behalf.
Fondly,
Pat
Mac and Pat on his 91st Birthday.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .




Be sure to visit each of these amazing host and hostesses 
for inspiring decor ideas for your own home!

9 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Best wishes to you and your Dad. I lost mine when he was only 69 so know how important spending time with your father is.

podso said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad--may you have sweet days together. I remember this time with my mother just over a year ago.

chateau chic said...

Hi Pat,
The color of your beautiful hydrangeas really add a bright spot to your home.
Thank you so much for your visit.
Mary Alice

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What a sweet post, Pat! You know that your color scheme is my fave! I love those warm, rich colors; and your vignette is so pretty. There is something so warm and inviting about those vibrant hues. I will be sure to say prayers for you and your sweet dad.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Pat, do spend as much time as you can with your Daddy. MY MIL is getting ready to celebrate #90 and I told Mr he needs to call her more and see her more, for the days are growing shorter. She does great but time does fly by so..and coming from someone that lost their Dad at 18 and Mom at 43, I would give anything to spend time with either of them.
Love your little greenhouse, always have wanted one, just don't know where to put it? Take care dear friend and give your Dad a hug for me!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Your conservatory looks so nice- love the red. It brings some energy to the vignette and it's a heart warming color. Prayers for both you and your dad. I pray God will ease his transition. Hugs, Liz

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I'm just now getting by to visit you! I hope you are doing well. I'm so glad you have time for your dear Dad. Blessings to you all.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I love, LOVE that conservatory and the beautiful red geraniums are spectacular in it. Also love that bird piecether. XO

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

So beautiful Pat! Love the vibrant colors of the wood and the hydrangeas....and give your wonderful Dad a hug from me!