Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Seasonal Change. . .


As quickly as one would flip on a light switch,
that's just how spontaneously the seasonal decor changes On Crooked Creektt!

Heralding the arrival of Summer On Crooked Creektt
is the appearance of Sunflowers, indoors and out!


Traditional Yellow Sunflowers 
and Russian Red Sunflowers adorn the Entry Hall On Crooked Creektt!




When making styling changes to the console table,
I prefer to begin with a clean tabletop.

In the case of a Seasonal change,
I do a deep cleaning of the candle sconces, 
carpeting, picture frame and the table.

Next,
I strategically place the main accessories.



Always, the first item is this vintage counter check holder.
"Mr. Ed" prefers to place the days 'outgoing' mail within the holder
before he carries it down to the mailbox.


Then,
come the decor accessories that will enhance the Season or holiday.

Knowing I wanted to feature Sunflowers,
I chose my green pottery jars for the opposite side of the table.



Since I had arranged one of the pottery jars on its side,
a symmetrical arrangement was out of the question.




Not wanting to detract from the heirloom print above the table,
I chose to stack books of similar hues to fill the void.



A petite cloche, atop a wrought iron base,
seem to be a perfect fit between the stacked books and the counter check holder.






Once all the decor accessories were in place,
I began to arrange the Sunflowers within the pottery jars.


A mixture of Russian Red and Traditional Yellow Sunflowers 
for the larger of the two pottery jars. 
However, only Traditional Yellow Sunflowers 
for the smaller pottery jar turned on its side.



Faux succulents are placed within the cloche.




The view as you enter from the Living Room. . .



and the view that greets our family and guests.




Although the day was cloudy and overcast,
I continued throughout our home to add Sunflowers to our decor.

I didn't even mind an early evening torrential down pouring of rain.
Because I know, that the rain On Crooked Creektt
will only bring more of these blooms and eventually prolific blossoms
to our Sunflower Patch!


The first Sunflower blossom of the 2014 Season!



Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .



And. . .








Be sure to visit each of these amazing host and hostesses 
for inspiring decor ideas for your own home!

9 comments:

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Very nice table scape. I like to start with a blank canvas too; I remove everything and clean and polish..and then set the scene with my newest ideas.

Martha said...

I LOVE YOUR sunflower vignette. But, of course, anyone in Kansas HAS to have sunflowers! I'm waiting for a few of my bird gifted sunflower to bloom to bring inside for the breakfast room table!

Kati said...

This is so pretty! I love redecorating for a new season. Everything feels so fresh and new. You have done a great job on your entry table!

bj said...

Hi, Sister friend...I, too, love to change things up for the seasons...
I bought some new turquoise place mats from the Dollar Tree today and the bright, pretty, summertime color just made my dining table start dancing, right there in front of everybody..lol
Your sunflowers are so pretty. I love them.

LORY said...

Ah, there's nothing like sunflowers to smile at you as you enter your home!! I love the choice of the green vases as well. Such a happy vignette. Love the last few photos with the sun streaming in!!

Lory at Designthusiasm

Got My Reservations said...

I love your bright green pots -- they send such a nice summery message and contrast beautifully with the sunflowers.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Beautiful vignette Pat...now you have me hunting for my sunflower napkin rings....LOL

Linda said...

Beautiful sunflowers Pat!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Alycia Nichols said...

I just love it when a blogger goes through the steps taken to achieve a particular look. That really lets us outsiders know what was going through your head and how you came to the end result. Very nice! I love the mail holder!!!!!!!