Thursday, August 1, 2013

Vignettes ~ Interlude In White!

While taking the Let There Be White Challenge. . .
I created some dining room Vignettes ~ Interlude In White!

I am fortunate to have two buffets On Crooked Creektt,
one is an heirloom from my beloved maternal Grandmother
the other is a built~in buffet in our 1970's Ranch Style Home.



The Let There Be White Challenge 
stated that you must use all white dinnerware. 
On the built~in buffet, I used my everyday porcelain white dinnerware
arranged in the gray box made my "Mr. Ed".



Draped to one side,
is a vintage hankie with all white embroidered Lily of The Valley.
I adore how the texture of the hankie 
compliments the details of the all~white dinnerware.



A three~arm candelabra
adorned with white pip berry candle rings and creamy ivory tapers
brings needed height to this vignette.
White porcelain pears add a sense of sculptured still~life.


The opposite side of this  Vignettes ~ Interlude In White
showcases my silver coffee urn.



In keeping with the Let There Be Light Challenge,
I used my everyday porcelain white serving platter 
instead of my usual silver tray.



My beloved maternal Grandmother's silver cream and sugar
have begun to erode and loose their silver plating on the handles.
I prefer to leave them in this condition
as a reminder to me that they were once used on a daily basis.



Simplistic beauty, imparting a sense of tranquility,
 is achieved by using the purity of white.



I've paired the purity of white 
with the sparkle and shine of silver and the subtle shade of grey.



My accent color of choice is the true red 
in the background of my Traditional Waverly wallpaper.

Vignettes ~ Interlude In White 
continues on my heirloom buffet.



This message on my silver chalkboard tray 
sums up our Summer life here On Crooked Creektt!


A welcoming palette of soothing tones
using sparkling cut crystal, white florals, creamy ivory ironstone 
and shimmering silver makes 'the livin' easy', indeed!



White ironstone vases within the glass cabinet doors
continue the Let there Be White Challenge!



I've showcased my heirloom silver tea set
using the same soothing tones of pure white.



As I strive to meet the Let There Be White Challenge,
I turned not only my tablescape (here) 
into a welcoming palette of soothing hues,
but my entire dining room with a continuance of elegant style.



"Mr. Ed" and I have been enthralled and soothed 
by the tranquil surroundings of our interior design
as we have by the continued lush green surroundings
of the Gardens of our exterior design.
The inspiration for our Vignettes ~ Interlude In White!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining 





And. . .



Be sure to visit both of these linky parties 
for decor inspiration in your own home!

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love, love, love your white displays and I adore you hutch. It is so pretty and you always do such a fabulous job with your displays. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

...sigh...
You've done a beautiful job Pat!
Love that sweet little silver chalkboard too!!

Unknown said...

Your white vignettes and pieces are very pretty! Wishing you a great weekend.