Monday, August 5, 2013

Autumnal Hues. . .

Hang on to your seats, dear ones. . .
we are about to embark upon my favorite Season of the year
                                                                                     . . . Autumn!


My Traditional decor On Crooked Creektt,
in the upper level Living Room, consists primarily of reds, golds and greens.

So~o~o, this past week
I began making the Seasonal change~over
by re~arranging the china cabinets in the Dining Room.






The inspiration came from a recent visit
to one of my favorite Antique and Home Decor Shops 
while making a visit to see my Dad in Fort Scott, Kansas!

After aquiring this adorable Pumpkin Tea Pot,
I knew it must be displayed  where I could enjoy its daily viewing. 



My Bordallo Pinheiro Majolica Collection fills this cabinet nicely.
Therefore, I decided to make each section of the shelves into vignettes!!!



We'll begin with the left side view of the built~in china cabinet.



This petite cauliflower tea pot,
along with the bee lidded cream and sugar set,
were vacation finds in Weston, Missouri earlier this Summer.
Notice how my Majolica plate collection 
poses as a decorative backdrop for the vignette?



Many times, I find a piece while vacationing
only to find another piece on another trip
and am amazed how they all work well together.
This holds true to the above vignette, 
the Pumpkin Teapot a $5 find in Iola, Kansas
while the lidded cream and sugar were Tuesday Morning finds 
at Osage Beach, Missouri. 



The Pumpkin Plate 
was purchased at Heartland Antique Mall in Lebanon, Missouri
while the white pumpkins are two years ago Dollar Tree finds!

Now, onto the right side of the built~in china cabinet.



A few years ago, 
I spotted this Majolica Blueberry Tea Set @ Iron Star.
This has been one of my favorite purchases from the Shop.



My newest Pumpkin Tea Pot 
co~ordinates well with a lidded Pumpkin Tureen
found @ Heartland Antiques Mall in Lebanon, Missouri.



I grouped together a variety of pitchers in similar hues
to create a cohesiveness and to add subtle textures.
My Dad gifted me with the large brown pitcher,
the honey~hued rimmed pitcher was purchased in Salina, Kansas
as was the basket~weave bee design creamer.



The creamer was purchased to co~ordinate 
with these adorable salt and pepper shakers I purchased locally
@ Roadhouse Antiques here in Derby, Kansas.


All~in~all,
I'm thrilled with the addition of Autumnal hues 
in my Dining Room built~in china cabinet!
( The before photos can be seen at my original blog On Crooked Creek/Coloring My World here)


















Carrying a similar color palette to the vignette below,
I've added my honey hued with brown rimmed chili pepper plates
to my wrought iron plate stand surrounded by 
select pieces of my bee collection.












Instead of a runner,
I chose to alternate three placemats to ground the vignette.



"Mr. Ed's" pine box houses our everyday Sage green dinnerware
combined with my favorite Knife . Fork . Spoon dishtowel.






For ease of accessibility, vintage juice glasses rimmed in green 
hold individual forks, knives and spoons.



Autumn, my favorite Seaon of the year,
has just begun to make its way into the decor On Crooked Creektt!






The addition of Autumnal Hues,
combined with my Bordallo Pinheiro Majolica Collection,
should span the season from Summer~to~Autumn 
with just the needed amount of color.


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining





Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday!



Be sure to visit each hostess
and their linky party
for inspiration for your own home decor!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The vignettes are beautiful, Pat. It is feeling like Fall here, but I am waiting a bit. I almost changed the fireplace mantel on the back porch, but changed my mind.

I have to prepare the kitchen for a showcase this month, so I will wait until after I do those photos, to change the seasons.

Fall is my favorite season.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Wow, love your autumn dish sets! I could make tablescapes with them for hours...I have to go back and take another look...

Thanks for sharing them,
XO,
Christine

Jewel Sauls said...

Fall is my favorite season also and I LOVE your teapot and vignettes! Just gorgeous!!!

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh Pat I love this! I'm chomping at the bit to get into Fall. Your china cabinet looks gorgeous all dressed up in Autumn's tones!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Nice to meet you Pat, I adore your wonderful collection..those pumpkins are just so beautiful and the orange with those wonderful greens are so lovely..Thanks for sharing...I loved the post..I am a new follower of yours and I will be back again to see you..come on over to my blog for a visit I have some lady bugs I know you will enjoy...

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Fall is my favorite season too, and we are having fall like weather too! It only went to 78 today and the NORMAL is 87!! However, I am loving it! Your hutch looks so beautiful and I have fallen in love with all of your bee accessories! Oh my! I did buy some Fall things today (and met Yvonne for lunch) but am trying to wait a bit to switch. XO, Pinky

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Wow, I am just thrilled to see the first signs of Autumn/Fall here in Blogland! Fall is my favorite time even though we don't actually get an inckling of it until January -- that's when some of our leaves turn beautiful colors. I have that same sweet lidded sugar bowl and creamer set, and cannot wait to start pulling out some of my "vast" fall decor. I am trying to wait until the end of August, but it's getting harder every day. We will have hot weather here in the AZ desert until October, but that doesn't stop me from creating my own "Fall Haven" inside. I really like how you've mixed your pieces and always try to do that, too.

Nice to meet you, Pat, and I'm a new follower!

Carol

Bernideen said...

I am enjoining my visit here. Your fall display is lovely!

bj said...

Everything looks amazing here, Pat.
I thought I left a comment this morning but....guess not. I think I'm losin' it.....:(
Thanks for your kind remark about Mr. Sweet looking good. He just had another stent placed so he is getting more blood flow...his color was INSTANTLY better and he doesn't feel as tired as before. He now has 5 stents....thank God for stents.

Julie Marie said...

Oooh how beautiful!... I just popped over from Debra's party... Autumn is my VERY favorite time of year too... now I think I'll get all of my pumpkins, etc out today too... your hutch looks just gorgeous!... and I love your pumpkin teapot (am going to be on the lookout for one now!)... Happy "excited for Autumn" to you!... xoxo Julie Marie

DIY Vintage Chic said...

Looking forward to fall and all it's colors! Great work. Thanks for sharing. Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-4.html

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Oh dear, Pat, I can feel a brand new interest coming on! Your pieces are so beautiful and are making me yearn for Autumn, even though I am trying to enjoy summer while it's here! I especially love the beehives and the teapots! Thanks for sharing this with us! Linda