Monday, May 20, 2019

Family Room Summer Primitive Cabinet. . .

A severe weather alert day On Crooked Creek
took "Mr. Ed" and I to the lower level Family Room for the day.

So~o~o. . .
while we were waiting out the storm,
I did a re~style of the Primitive Cabinet for Summer.


 


I always enjoy using my decorating accessories in a variety of ways,
especially within the unique spaces provided in this primitive cabinet.



No two shelves are the same height or width,
leaving me the challenge of what goes where.



The middle section of shelving within the Primitive Cabinet
is an excellent example of some of the problematic areas.




I used books for color, fillers, texture, and risers.




Another challenge is the placement of accessories atop the Primitive Cabinet.



The Primitive Cabinet fills a corner area at the bottom of the stairs.
I've placed it at an angle to fill the space entirely.

Any item placed on the top,
such as the basket, must be propped with books or easels.


However; 
at the bottom of the Primitive Cabinet, the opposite is true.

The tall legs of the cabinet allow for a vintage blanket basket.
Just the perfect place for storing quilts for snuggling during movie night.



This unique 'planter' is made from tree bark.
I love the texture it brings to our Family Room.



A plaid Pendleton wool blanket is tucked neatly inside awaiting use 
during this damp, cooler weather of our severe weather alert day.


On Crooked Creek, a somewhat perfectly imperfect day
to re~style the Family Room Primitive Cabinet.



Until next time. . .














No comments: