Thursday, September 22, 2016

Needlework Vol.I. . .

I  l o v e Christmas In July $ales!

However, 
this year's Christmas In July $ales were disappointing.

So~o~o. . .
I came home and went to my resources for Holiday inspiration!



Yes!
I keep past issues of my favorite subscriptions on the shelves of Studio One!



Holiday Home from cottage journal Holiday 2014
is where I found the inspiration for this year's entry for our Church Silent Auction.



In the past,
I've donated my handmade cards with a vintage flair.



Breaking in tradition, 
last year I made a vintage button Christmas Tree and it was a huge success.



This year,
I'll be placing my Needlework, Vol.I ~o holy night~ in our Silent Auction.



Of course,
I still need to place it within a frame.

* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * *



My plan began with a sketch on notebook paper.



I determined the size to cut the neutral fabric for my Needlework Vol. I piece.


Next,
I sketched my stitches to be used for this somewhat "primitive in nature" piece.

I used #520 Green and #347 Red DMC Embroidery Floss.



Then,
using buttons from my vintage button collection,
I chose the buttons and their placement for the Needlework, Vol. I.



I deviated from the wording that is on the original needle work piece
and chose "o holy night" .









* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I had forgotten the joy I receive from an evening spent doing needlework.



A special heart~felt note of gratitude to my face book and blog friend,
Priscilla (here)for by viewing all her lovely needlework inspired me to begin again!



Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining


Cindy @ DWELLINGS ~ The Heart Of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday!

And. . .


Christine @ Rustic and Refined for Dishing It And Digging It!

And. . .


Maria Elena @ Our Home Away From Home for Tuesdays @ Our Home!

And. . .


Richella @ Imparting Grace for Grace At Home!

And. . .


Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane for Share Your Style!

And. . .


Laura @ White Spray Paint for Thoughts of Home on Thursdays!

And. . .


Jann @ Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs. Olson for Share Your Cup Thursday!

And. . .


Jody and Stan @ Rooted In Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays!

And. . .


Sherry @ The Charm Of Home for Home Sweet Home! 


As you visit the above host and hostesses,
may you come away filled with inspiring ideas
for use within your own home décor.

Please leave a short comment
to let each of them know how much you enjoyed their link party.






6 comments:

Martha said...

Very pretty! You are very talented!

podso said...

Pat this came out so well. Cute with the buttons! Hope you show what you make this year...

Rita C at Panoply said...

That's beautiful, Pat! Someone is going to be a very lucky bidder in this year's silent auction!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! This is so cute and I just love it! Now I want to do this Every time I see something cute - I want to do it too! Thanks for popping in to see me and I hope you had a wonderful trip.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Turned out great! My Mom did that herself once for me to make me a Rudolph kitchen towel..sure cherish it!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Love this design! So pretty.