Thursday, August 18, 2016

And, So It Begins. . .

The temperatures dropped ever so slightly, On Crooked Creektt,
leaving my soul longing for Autumn.

As the sun shone brightly through the front glass door,
I envisioned a renewal of cool Autumn breezes
accompanied by fluttering Autumn leaves that mound around my front door.

And, so~o~o it begins. . .



* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * *
After making a clean sweep 
of the console table in On Crooked Creektt's Entry Hall,
I centered the gray wrought iron pillar candle holders.



Next,
I added a bush of leaves containing the softer hues of Autumn.


While the bush of leaves is quite large,
it only filled around the base of the pillar candle holders.



I found some faux Maple Leaves in my storage bins and began filling in the bush.

First,
on the left. . .





and then,
                                                                           to the right of the leaf bush.



Once I was pleased with the extension of the leaves,
I began by adding other flora to accentuate the centerpiece on the console table.



Although I had room to extend the centerpiece even further,
I needed to leave room for the vintage counter check holder for our mail drop.



I adore these long, narrow purple hued faux grain bushes.
I striped them into pieces of three heads of grain and slid them into the leaves.

This time, 
I began on the right. . .




then,
                                                                                I continued to the left.



Now,
it was time for an ever so slight PoP of Autumnal color!



Orange sherbet hued calla lilies add a sense of elegance 
to the natural elements of this centerpiece.

One calla lily is added to the right side. . .




while two are added to the left side.


I placed two green hydrangea blossoms 
to enhance the hue of the base of the candle holders.


I had thoughts of stopping at this point,
but I felt one more natural element was needed.


I added two small stems of softly hued orange and gold Prairie flora to the blend.

First,
to the left of the centerpiece. . .

and then to the right side.


I brought in the vintage counter check holder for our daily mail drop.


My pair of green and brown glass pumpkins 
were a perfect complementary accessory for the left of the centerpiece.


I adore their metal green and brown leaves!
Each leaf is twisted around the stem with a bronze hued wire.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
And, so~o~o it begins. . .
Autumn arrives in On Crooked Creektt's Entry Hall.


What a pleasant surprise!


This post was featured at Grace At Home, 
with hostess, Richella of Imparting Grace!
Thank you, Richella. . .for such an honor as one of your featured guests!



Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .




As you visit the above host and hostesses,
may you come away filled with inspiring ideas
for use within your own home décor.

Please leave a short comment
to let each of them know how much you enjoyed their link party.

19 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Pat, this is so pretty! You are bringing in the season in such a lovely way. I may pull out my bins this weekend to sort through and discard some of my fall decor. I'm ready for something new!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a lovely vignette pretty lady ! I see a little pumpkin there too. I can't wait to decorate Fall too.
I'm pinning this beauty !

Love,
FABBY

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

love all your fall colors. I'm so happy it's coming soon.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Nice beginning to fall decorating.
deb

Martha said...

Love what you did. I was thinking of fall decorating as well with the cooler weather . . . and then temps are back to "normal" today and all those thoughts went right out of my mind!

southern seazons said...

Pat,
I love the shape of those candleholders. Everything looks so pretty. Such a nice vignette. It is starting to cool down here. I haven't started my Fall decorating yet but I have started to get some pumpkins painted. After seeing this post I think I might have to dig out the decor. Have a great weekend.
Jody@Southern Seazons

Unknown said...

Looks so pretty, Pat! My furniture this year will stop some of my orangeness. I don't think pink will go too well with orange, so it will be subtle neutrals, with just a little rust/burgundy for me. I'm getting a little anxious to start. But I'll try to wait until September. Love your beginning!! Have a fabulous weekend!!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your vignette is beautiful and elegant

podso said...

Very pretty Pat. Its so hot and humid here it doesn't feel like autumn decor, but I know it's coming. I think I'm going to bring out some fall color. Maybe it will help us feel cooler!

Amy Johnson said...

Gorgeous fall decor. I fear I will be unable to decorate this year for I just got a new kitty and I think he'll get into everything I put out, so I will just have to enjoy everyone else's decorations!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Pat, your arrangement turned out so lovely! I especially love the wheat stems. I planted a couple of buckets for my fall porch today and will start pulling my décor out soon. Today, while in the car I thought that I needed to go cute some Indian Tobacco and cut some dried hydrangeas and yarrow from my yard and fill an old cream separator I picked up recently. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

I enjoyed viewing the steps you took to create your pretty fall arrangement. Those candleholders are gorgeous too. I am thinking about fall decorating but haven't started anything yet. You've made me realize, I could just put out a "little something" in one area and not think I have to do it all at once :)

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of fall-- our temps dropped here in VA on Mon and Tues... and I was over the moon excited. Back up tomorrow, but it's coming! Thanks for the lovely tutorial-- as much as I love fall, I'm a sucker for hydrangeas and vintage anything is right up my alley. ♥ Happy to be your neighbor at Grace at Home today!

Summer said...

This is so creative and cute! Love it ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Angie Rose said...

This is lovely! I'm so excited for Fall :) Thank you so much for sharing with us at Dishing It & Digging It!

Katie Mansfield said...

What a great tutorial. I love those pumpkins. Where did you get them? So cute.

Pat said...

Dear Katie,
Thank you for your inquiry, I purchased those pumpkins
at Boomland Square in Ozark, MO. while vacationing last year!
Thank you for your kind visit and comment!
Fondly,
Pat

The Charm of Home said...

That is beautiful Pat. I have been sneaking out the fall things this week too. I can't help myself. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Richella Parham said...

Love the way you show how you build this lovely arrangement step-by-step! You show that anyone can create a lovely vignette; thank you!

Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!