Friday, July 8, 2016

Summer's Buzzin' Right Along. . .

While the Summer heat has been unbearable,
On Crooked Creektt 
I've been buzzin right along with "cool" hued bee decor.



Oddly,
my inspiration for this "cool" hued bee tablescape 
began with kitchen tea towels.



While 'on the hunt' for new place mats and napkins,
I happened upon these white with gray polka dot and solid gray linen tea towels.

Feeling quite frustrated at not finding place mats, these made me smile. . .
so~o~o. . . home them came,
to be my building blocks for a whimsical, yet sophisticated tablescape!

* * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * *
Once I had freshly pressed my creamy ivory Ralph Lauren Tablecloth,
I added my gray washed willow chargers, 
draped and centered the folded dark gray linen tea towel atop the charger
and added my delicate white porcelain plates.






Next,
I did the same procedure 
using the white with gray polka dot linen tea towel.






I finished off my dish stack with the Bee plate 
from the Mary Carol Home Collection.









Whimsical with a touch of sophistication!



Along with the new linen tea towels,
I, also, purchased new dishcloths to use as napkins.

With a slight gather, 
I slid my wrought iron dragon fly napkin rings over the top.





Using my everyday Oneida stainless steel flatware 
keeps clean~up to a minimum of ease with its dishwasher safe qualities.




























One of my favorites in my Bee Collection 
is the petite bee stemware purchased at Nell Hill's.






"Mr. Ed's'" wooden gray box, similar in hue,
remains as my centerpiece choice and needed only a minor alteration.

To the front side, 
I added curvy dessert / salad plates in a creamy ivory palette
with a small bunch of faux silk buttery yellow flora.



On the reverse side of the wooden gray box,
I added curvy creamy ivory fruit / soup bowls
with vintage delicate hand embroidered linen luncheon napkins.

A crystal footed votive holder filled with silver spoons completes this side.




Functionality of additional dinnerware, 
combined with soft flora,
completes this simplistic centerpiece as I continue to keep buzzin' right along.








* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
So~o~o. . .
when your local merchants supply you with linen tea towels and dishcloths,
instead of place mats and napkins. . .
let your creative Spirit shine through with sophistication and whimsy.








Ralph Lauren Tablecoth. . . T J Maxx
Polka Dot / Solid  Linen Tea Towels. . .Target
Solid White / White with Gray & Taupe Stripe DishCloths. . .Target
Gray Washed Willow Chargers. . .Bloomland Square, Ozark, MO.
White Porcelain Plates. . .Iron Star, Fort Scott, KS.
Curvy Creamy Ivory Bowls / Saucers. . .Paramount Antique Mall, Wichita, KS.
Wrought Iron Dragonfly Napkin Rings. . .Traditions, Lebanon, MO.
Mary Carol Home Collection Bee Plates. . .Nell Hill's
Bee Motif Stemware. . .Nell Hill's
Bee Matchboxes. . .Roo Grayson, Wichita, KS.



Until next time. . .



On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .



And. . .

And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .




And. . .



And. . .



And. . .




As you visit the above host and hostesses,
may you come away filled with inspiring ideas
for use within your own home décor.

Please leave a short comment
to let each of them know how much you enjoyed their link party.

17 comments:

podso said...

I love how you are inspired for tables capes. This one is very pretty. I hope you're staying cool--here it's beastly hot but I guess that's what you expect in July. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Your tablescape is so pretty. Its been so hot here too, and humid. Hope it cools off for you soon. Love those bee plates...and rattan chargers.

Rita C at Panoply said...

Pat, you had me at the buzzing bees (love those dishes and glasses!), but I also really like grays, cream or white and yellows. It's a really nice masculine/feminine color mix, I think. Your table looks very nice and inviting, Friend! Believe it or not, I have a little bee in my bonnet too, with another tablescape photographed but yet to be penned, and I've also used dish towels. They make terrific napkins for dressing the table. Another instance of of our similarly channeling the love for the table! Have a great weekend.
Rita

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Red carpet award again! For someone who couldn't find placemats you sure knocked it out of the park dear lady!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tablescape! Very inspiring!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tablescape! "Bee"lieve it or not, ;) I actually have bee tea towels .. and they're gray! Wish I could remember where I bought them to give you the info. But your polka dots look lovely. Thanks for sharing.

xinex said...

Very cute whimsical tablescape, Pat! I love everything from the willow chargers to the plates....Christine

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your table is so cute and cheerful!

annies home said...

love your tablescape, they remind me of the vintage wicker days of picnics
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my Pat, this is BEE-utiful! Love the new tea towels and how you laid them under the plates. Never thought of doing that. I am drooling over those plates! May have to check out that sight. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great colors for your table with the gray and white combination. Love how your varied the use of the towels with two and two. Sweet plates by Mary Carol. I couldn't wait to see what you were going to do for a centerpiece. Love the wooden box and how you filled it. Great tablescape Pat.

Patti said...

Very pretty! Love those polka dots and those bee plates.

Grey is so elegant and classy. And just by changing out the color of the flowers, you can have a whole new look.

Visiting from Grace at Home,
Patti @ Embracing Home

Debbie said...

Very pretty!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

AHHH, this table makes me feel cooler just looking at it! I love the bee plates and I have 2 sizes of the bee glasses. Great idea to use the tea towels. I hope the temps drop a LITTLE soon, it is oppressivly hot here too.

cairncottage said...

Like you mentioned, so simple, yet sophisticated! I love how you used very muted colors, then the splash of yellow flowers in the centerpiece! I love it when I come across an unexpected find, and my creative juices start to flow. Great job!

The Charm of Home said...

Pat, I love this table. How cute! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet home.

The Charm of Home said...

I love these dishes Pat! I will feature this tomorrow at Home Sweet Home!