Monday, August 10, 2015

Summer's Last Stand. . .

The Farmer's Market stands are closing down
and school will be in session at the close of this week.

Summer's Last Stand. . . before the official beginning of Autumn.

On Crooked Creektt,
I also, have a Summer's Last Stand in the Rose Garden.



My Gingersnap Rose bushes bloom lavishly on Mother's Day each year.
 I am continually amazed to have another blooming the first week in August.



Summer's Last Stand in On Crooked Creektt's Rose Garden 
brings petite blooms the size of tea roses and the stems are quite short.

However,
what they lack in size comparison to May's blooms,
they far exceed in aromatic fragrance.



These Gingersnap Roses are extremely vibrant in their late Summer blooms.
I adore in our temperatures how they quickly turn to a soft coral hue.
Their final color is a soft buttery yellow.



I was able to find seven blossoms for cutting and arranging 
in my smallest of creamy ivory urns for our Dining Room.

On Crooked Creektt,
Summer's Last Stand in the Rose Garden. . .is a "good thing"!



Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creektt will be joining



And. . .


Christine @ Rustic and Refined for Table It!

And. . .



And. . .



And. . .



And. . .




Each and every week,
seeds of inspiration bloom from these host and hostesses linky parties.
Be sure to visit and delight your family dwelling with brilliant interior design.




10 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

what a pretty bouquet! Love the colors. Our farmers markets are in full swing and stay open until Oct. Just can not get enough tomatos. Luckily our neighbor has about 20 plant so she gave us some last night.

podso said...

Those colors are amazing. Such a beautiful bouquet. But I can't believe your farmer's market is already closing and it's only August, but yes, school is starting. But the heat continues!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow I can't imagine the farmer's market stands closing so early! Ours goes until mid October. I bet you'll see more blooms from your pretty rose bush! Those are a gorgeous color and I love how their color changes. My rose blooms right until it frosts here. School doesn't start until the day after Labor Day here. I don't consider summer to be done just on the bottom half. :-)

Barb said...

Hi Pat,

Your roses are so lovely and the colors are just lush. I love roses and they are my very favorite flowers.

It is hard to believe that summer is almost over....this one just flew by but I am looking forward to cooler temps. It is way too humid here. Yikes!

Hope your day is blessed.

Hugs, Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! Oh, your roses are so beautiful! I love the color and they are so full too. I know, I can't believe summer is almost at it's end. But the fall up here is going to be beautiful! Thanks for popping in sweet friend.
Shelia ;)

Betty said...

Your roses are so pretty. I have always like the orange ones. I cannot believe that summer is ending. Years just go by too fast it seems.

Karen @ karensuponthehill said...

That is just the most beautiful rose color! I,would love to have that in my yard! I will keep an eye out for that tupe next year when Implant some me w things!
Gorgeous!
Karen

Linda Walker said...

Your roses are lovely and make such a pretty bouquet! Though I'm a bit over the hot and humid weather we have had lately, I am always sad when the last days of summer arrive. I will sure miss our local farmer's market!!! Visiting from Simple and Sweet.
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh Pat, these are just beyond beautiful! that color is one of my favorites for roses, and I don't see them often. Enjoy them, then let them dry and wait till every last petal falls. gorgeous!

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my goodness, what a stunning bouquet of roses! The color is like no other, love it!
Sweet friend, thank you for your dear comments and support while I've been recovering from my heart issues! So kind of you~
Have a wonderful weekend~
Nancy