Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hippity, Hoppity. . .

Hippity, hoppity. . .
                                                              Easter's on its way!




Just in time for Easter's arrival On Crooked Creektt,
                                                                           somebody let the bunnies out!!! 

Not only are they on the Dining Room buffet. . .
                                                              they're also, on the Dining Room table!




Don't they have the most  a d o r a b l e  faces?


Finally coming down off an adrenalin high 
                    it was time for Easter decorating On Crooked Creektt.


Most all my tablescapes begin with linen selections.
This Easter themed tablescape began with a handmade banner.




I added a touch of greenery atop the Dining Room hutch,
then I placed my Easter banner strategically along the entire width.




The petite chalkboard silver tray 
now sports a whimsical Easter message. 




The pastel polka dot color palette of the banner blends harmoniously 
with the silver tray and the hues throughout the Dining Room buffet.




Once the Dining Room buffet was dressed in its  Easter  finery,
                                          I turned my attention to the Dining Room table.

I began with a white vintage heirloom tablecloth.
The border of this white tablecloth is rose damask
                                             while the center contains white polka dots.





Atop the tablecloth, I placed an embroidered rose runner
with a polka dot organza border of the same white hues.


During my childhood,
silver flatware was always used for holiday dinners.

Following suit, 
I've paired my heirloom silver with Estate $ale cloth napkins.

The crystal glass egg is an Avon Collectible.
These were once my Easter gift for both my Moma
and my beloved Mother~in~Law. I placed them above our
place settings and will insert a small delectable before our celebration.








Crystal etched rose stemware graces our Easter brunch table.

Cups and saucers from our everyday porcelain white dinnerware
allow for lingering cups of coffee after a * triple Easter worship service.







I've placed our centerpiece within a vintage oval ironstone serving platter
for ease in maneuvering during our mealtime.









One of my favorite elements 
is the faux forsythia trailing off the chandelier nearly touching the tablecloth.

I adore how the wispiness of the branches trail above and below 
the burnished bronze arms of the chandelier.







Appears I've been hopping down the bunny trail On Crooked Creektt!










Instead of baskets filled with  Easter  joy,
"Mr. Ed" and I will enjoy a delectable chocolate filled egg.






Hippity, Hoppity. . .
                                           Easter's on its way!


Until next time. . .

* * * * * * * Just A Note * * * * * * *
Normally, I attend one Worship Service each week.
Easter Sunday is the one exception each year.
Sunrise Service holds  special importance to "Mr. Ed" and I.
Being a vocalist, I will sing for two Traditional Worship
Services throughout the morning with our combined Chancel Choirs.

May you and yours embark upon the true meaning of Easter 
as we enter into Holy Week. . .
Fondly,
Pat

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


On Crooked Creektt will be joining



Be sure to visit for inspiring 
ways to enhance your families dining pleasure!


12 comments:

podso said...

Pat your bunnies are cute and your table is lovely as always. Wishing you a blessed Easter!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your room is just WOW! Love the table. Linens especially. And your hutch is gorgeous! Everything is just so festive! I hope you have a lovely Easter! (and that you got to that antiques mall. so fun)

Miss Char said...

Pat, your home is just lovely in its Easter festiveness. I'm in love with you silver tray and silver flatware. Thanks for sharing.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Pat!
This table is just so pretty, all the little details come together to make a big statement!!
Loving your bunnies too!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Bunnies are just irresistible Pat, and don't you just love that ruffled edge ribbon you tied your crystal eggs in? I love the forsythia winding up into the chandy! Happy Easter!!
Jenna

Tea in Texas said...

Bunnies everywhere1 The egg hunt sign is so cute. I love the crystal eggs wrapped with blue ribbon. Have a special Easter!

Pam

Michelle said...

Your tablescape is lovely. I'm totally luv your vintage tablecloth. It's got me thinking.

Alycia Nichols said...

Tres chic le chandelier! I have no idea what I just said there, but I meant to say that the forsythia looks really cool raining down from the chandelier! That's a really neat touch, Pat! I love that banner, too. You made that, huh? Hmmmm...that looks like something I might be brave enough to try. Maybe. Maybe not. I'm a disaster when it comes to stuff like that. I get too impatient. I need meds! :-)

I hope that you and your husband enjoy a wonderful, safe and peaceful Easter weekend. Take care!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Beautiful tablescape my friend! I love the organza runner! So delicate. They banner is sooo cute! I'll be thinking of you singing like an angel on Easter morning!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

How beautiful everything looks for the Easter season sweet Pat!
The tablescape is gorgeous and all those adorable bunnies too! The organza runner is lovely, I never seen one around here, I'll start to look around...love it!
The bunner is so feative and your entire home looks so pretty, warm welcoming.
Have a lovely Easter sweet lady.
FABBY

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

your table is warm and welcoming. Looks like the bunny might be by soon.

Jaybird said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the forsythia!
As a music minister I have to give you kudos!! and many thanks. People like you are the ones who make jobs like mine easy!
I love the Sunrise Service the BEST!, and have spent many early Easter Sunday mornings playing a piano from the back of a pick-up truck :^)
Blessings to you,
J